SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
so cool. look nice. any lao forumer here?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Should thanks investors from your country right? :nuts:
yeah but the more investments HAGL invested in Laos, the more they'll gain later. Like 2 year ago, HAGL group help Laos built a stadium during SEA game for free, and in return Laos governent let them plant rubber trees, and mining ores. Same for all the investors, they only think for their own benefits , and btw i dont think this project will works cuz lao's population is too small and they dont need to live in these appartment buildings , i mean they have their own big houses why would they want to buy expensive apartment ?:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
is there project or construction thead about Lao anywhere i can follow?

·
MBRkhmer
1,262 Posts
and btw i dont think this project will works cuz lao's population is too small and they dont need to live in these appartment buildings , i mean they have their own big houses why would they want to buy expensive apartment ?:)
I think so, and its happening in Cambodia as well..so that high building is hard to grow.:)

·
34,064 Posts
yeah but the more investments HAGL invested in Laos, the more they'll gain later. Like 2 year ago, HAGL group help Laos built a stadium during SEA game for free, and in return Laos governent let them plant rubber trees, and mining ores. Same for all the investors, they only think for their own benefits , and btw i dont think this project will works cuz lao's population is too small and they dont need to live in these appartment buildings , i mean they have their own big houses why would they want to buy expensive apartment ?:)
Similar to the situation in Phnom Penh, these apartment units are mostly rented out to the expatriates living in city.

I've see many mid-rise apartments in Phnom Penh and the owners are non-locals.

·
Oz-Asian
6,226 Posts
LAOS: PER CAPITA INCOME OF VIENTIANE RESIDENTS IN 2020 TO INCREASE TO US$7,000

VIENTIANE, Feb 8 (NNN-KPL) -- Per capita income of Vientiane residents to increase to US$7,000 in the next 10 years while the economic growth rate will be maintained at 12 per cent, Vientiane Capital Party Committee reports.

To ensure development of Vientiane, the Laotian capital, as a centre of politics, economy, culture, business city and service, Vientiane needs to develop its industry and trade in order to integrate the Mekong region countries with the international economy by 2020, it said.

Vientiane will focus on keeping its economic growth at 12 per cent or 56,000 billion kip of GDP and average per capita income of no less than US$7,000 per year, according to a political report of the 5th Congress of Vientiane Capital Party Committee held recently.

In the next 10 years, Vientiane Capital will strive to attain self-sufficiency in the production of agriculture, forestry, industry, handicraft and service. This plan is based on a new direction of the Lao Government on sustainable modernisation and industrialisation.

Vientiane Capital will also further promote business operations in accordance with law and try to make local residents to complete upper secondary school basically.

Vientiane residents will have an access to public health services.

However, these targets are faced with challenges because many countries have so far been hit by the global economic crisis and natural disasters, which hold up the recovery and growth of world economy. On the subjective aspect, the Lao economy is not yet connected with international market and still fledgling compared to other countries worldwide.

In the last five years (2006-2010), Vientiane's GDP grew by 12.10 per cent yearly, amounting to 12,083.78 billion kip and per capita income of US$1,755.

Meanwhile, the number of poor families in Santhong district, Vientiane Capital, classified as one of the 47 poorest districts in the Lao PDR, has sharply fallen thanks to the attention of local authorities in the creation of plans for slash-and-burn cultivation elimination and land allocation, so far.

Over the past five years, the authorities have applied five procedures to fight against poverty in the district. The first step was to prepare documents of degrees, directives, resolutions, rules, surveys, technical staff, action plans, facilities and financial support.

The second was to disseminate the focal degrees, directive, resolution, rules to local people in order to make them understand profoundly the objective of the government and involve them in the poverty reduction programme.

The third step was to set three team works to collect information and land measuring to allocate land and forest to the locals for management. They have surveyed the biodiversity protection areas to allocate the following types of forests: protected, production and consumption forests.

Fourthly, Sangthong district has drafted regulation on the use of agricultural land and forest and allocated lands to villagers for management and use.

On the last step, Sangthong district has completed allocation of land for 592 families for agricultural production, established producing and conserving groups. They have also been equipped with credit loan of 32.9 billion kip. The loans have been given to animal raising and agriculture plantation sectors.

More than 700 families having low income of less than ten thousand kip a day, also have received loan for the plantation of maize, rubber trees, animal feeding, farming, organic rice farming, cassava plantation and mulberry plantation.

The implementation of the five above procedures has decreased the number of poor people in Santhong district, Vientiane Capital, to 40 from 1,711 poor families.

One reason that brought down the number of poor people thanks to the geographical location of Sangthong district, which is suitable for agriculture. -- NNN-KPL

http://www.namnewsnetwork.org/v2/read.php?id=147639

·
Banned
561 Posts
I would like to see Lao grow into a modern country! I think they are very friendly people like us. We have the same culture and almost similar language! :cheers:

·
34,064 Posts
Despite the global financial crisis, Laos economy is still growing. Cambodia and Laos are similar in terms of GDP per capita, Laos is slightly higher but before the financial crisis, the GDP growth rate in Cambodia is higher than Laos.

·
Banned
561 Posts
Despite the global financial crisis, Laos economy is still growing. Cambodia and Laos are similar in terms of GDP per capita, Laos is slightly higher but before the financial crisis, the GDP growth rate in Cambodia is higher than Laos.

^^Lao doesn't have a seaport or any access to the sea which makes it harder for them to export/import their products. I heard the Cambodian government offered the Laotians to used the seaport at Sihanoukville but I don't know what happen!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Laos+Cambodia+Thai = similar culture :D we should stick together don't u think...(i mean stick togerther in terms of cultural and economic alright)

even if Laos is the landlock country...but good thing about it is that it has the border with both China and Thailand...logistic advantages! espacially railway!

·
Banned
561 Posts
Laos+Cambodia+Thai = similar culture :D we should stick together don't u think...(i mean stick togerther in terms of cultural and economic alright)

even if Laos is the landlock country...but good thing about it is that it has the border with both China and Thailand...logistic advantages! espacially railway!

^^Yeah i agree! We three have similar cultures and almost the same language! There's no need to fight! Yunnan, Laos, and Cambodia are connected by road! They can transport and ship their goods using the seaport in Cambodia:)! :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
VN company builds plaza in Laos
Mar 26,2011

The Viet-Lao Power Joint Stock Company (VLPC) on March 25 hosted a ceremony to inaugurate its invested Vientiane Plaza complex in the Lao capital city of Vientiane .

Costing around 10 million USD, Vientiane Plaza consisted of Vientiane Plaza Hotel and Vientiane Plaza Office.

The Vientiane Plaza hotel accommodates 50 rooms and provides a restaurant system serving Vietnamese, Lao, Asian, and European food.

Meanwhile, the Vientiane Plaza office offers up to 2,000 sq.m of floor space for multi-purpose use.

The complex contributes to promoting Vietnam ’s images in Vientiane.

http://cafef.vn/20110326081945733CA35/gan-10-trieu-usd-xay-khach-san-van-phong-tai-lao.chn

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
^^Yeah i agree! We three have similar cultures and almost the same language! There's no need to fight! Yunnan, Laos, and Cambodia are connected by road! They can transport and ship their goods using the seaport in Cambodia:)! :cheers::cheers:
It is a long way to use the KH ports. Isn't Vietnam better?

·
A Proud GENERAL
1,322 Posts
I would like to see Lao grow into a modern country! I think they are very friendly people like us. We have the same culture and almost similar language! :cheers:
Even though my country is far from Laos, I think I would love to visit that country. It's very promising and the culture is quite rich.. It's also a very charming country. :)

1 - 20 of 435 Posts