SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

As a part of a larger project, I am currently investigating projects in Estonia. Do you know any recent large-scale projects built on or next to railway stations in there?

For my research the following criteria are important: total costs of 100 Million Euro+, location at or near major rail stations, in cities of more than 100.000 inhabitants, built in the past 20 years (or under construction or at least approved).

Links to external sources (like news articles) are most welcome!

Thanks a lot for your help!! :)

·
8,781 Posts
I guess redevelopment of western part of central train station (also known as Balti Jaam / Baltic station) area in Tallinn fits your criteria. Plan originally saw redevelopment of 15 hectare size industrial area into to residential area. Currently old Soviet era factory buildings,railway infrastructures & train depot and odd flea market are located there,but proposal suggested building residential & office buildings there,renovation historical buildings,construction of shopping centre,concert hall & underground central bus station for regional buses.

Demolition of old buildings was supposed to start in 2008-2009,but afaik,economic depression put the project on hold. Given the importance & size of this project it's likely that it moves ahead in upcoming years.

ALSO more info of the new big project near the railway station.... (which i mentioned on page 21)

Alot of new buildings, it may get 5 8storey buildings and lots of smaller ones. Investment somt 100 mio euros+ ... 600 new apartments etc
these are not the EXACT plans, if im correct these are "concept plans"

And here's one more area study by Guru Projekt: http://www.guruprojekt.ee/tehtud/baltijaama.jpg

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
^^ Which doesn't include thousands of university students who are still officially living in their home town but study and live most of the time in Tartu(like my sister, for example).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts