SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,436 Posts
If Queens Square and Paradise Street count as bus stations in Liverpool than surely Piccadilly Gardens counts in Manchester?
Picc Gardens/Shudehill are probably bigger than Queens Sq/Paradise St.

EDIT - Also, buses don't terminate in Queens Square - they run though to the waterfront or Paradise St mostly.

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Apart from a four buses per hour park and ride service to CMK, going two an hour to Woburn Sands in the opposite way, as well as an hourly bus link to Bletchley, two an hour to Oxford and Cambridge, another to Bedford combining with the ex-Bletchley one to give two an hour to Newport Pagnell and a rather large car park. Oh I forgot the Cranfield service too!
Megabus (Leicester - MK - London - Amsterdam) initially called there too, but has since relocated to Kingston Centre bus stop instead.

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Megabus (Leicester - MK - London - Amsterdam) initially called there too, but has since relocated to Kingston Centre bus stop instead.
Please describe the route! I can't think of a way to get to Kingston from the M1 without driving straight past the coachway...

· Registered
741 Posts
This thread has raised another interesting question for me. What's the largest town or city with a bus station?

I'm talking traditional bus stations here - ones which act as a terminus for the vast majority of the town's local services.
Sheffield (552,000) still has a bus station, but it has been reduced in size over the last few years, but still has room for 30 stands.

I do know that some bus routes don't use it and stop on streets .

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Please describe the route! I can't think of a way to get to Kingston from the M1 without driving straight past the coachway...
Comes off the M1 at J.14, A509 towards Northfield Rbt., H6 Childs Way to Fox Milne Rbt., the V11 Tongwell Street to Winchester Circle (District Centre).

From there it continutes back onto the V11 Tongwell Street to Brinklow Rbt., where it takes the A421 to J.13 of the M1, and vice-versa.

Doesn't call at Coachway as it is a National Express facility - charges for Megabus obviously weren't worth it, I imagine them being uncompetitive as they are their (Eurolines/NX) competition.

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Comes off the M1 at J.14, A509 towards Northfield Rbt., H6 Childs Way to Fox Milne Rbt., the V11 Tongwell Street to Winchester Circle (District Centre).

From there it continutes back onto the V11 Tongwell Street to Brinklow Rbt., where it takes the A421 to J.13 of the M1, and vice-versa.

Doesn't call at Coachway as it is a National Express facility - charges for Megabus obviously weren't worth it, I imagine them being uncompetitive as they are their (Eurolines/NX) competition.
But peculiar as there is already a twice hourly Stagecoach coach route calling there. Also interesting that they use a different Kingston stop to the one used by the 99, again a Stagecoach coach route.

Is there a timetable for this service published anywhere? I want to get down and get some pictures of it haha

· Registered
2,051 Posts
But peculiar as there is already a twice hourly Stagecoach coach route calling there. Also interesting that they use a different Kingston stop to the one used by the 99, again a Stagecoach coach route.

Is there a timetable for this service published anywhere? I want to get down and get some pictures of it haha
I don't understand why the 99 doesn't call at Kingston Centre either. Would make more sense than Kingston Rbt. (A421/A5130/H9).

Southbound leaves at 0620 and 1850, northbound at 1010 and 2130. You can't book tickets between Leicester and Milton Keynes, however.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.