SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Tastemaker Extraordinare
966 Posts
NewYorkYankee said:
Hello all! Im currently living in NYC, Im originally from Tennessee. While I DO like NY, I feel I may like LA more. While Ive never been, I do plan to visit later this year. Before I came to NYC I thought it was perfect and I would love it forever. Well, now I see the problems it has, and my own personal problems with it. So tell me honestly guys, what are LA's problems? Both the main problems of the city, and personally what you dont like about it. Please dont think Im bashing on LA, its not like Im saying "NYC is God's gift to the earth and LA sucks!" Thanks all! :)

PURE AND SIMPLE. TRAFFIC. LA IS UNQUESTIONABLY THE BEST METRO WHEN YOU COMBINE URBANISM, ART, CULTURE, CREATIVITY, DIVERSITY, ACCESS TO ACTIVITIES (BEACH/MOUNTAINS/DESERT), NIGHTLIFE, THE PEOPLE, WEATHER, THE VIBE. IT IS JUST HARD TO GET FROM POINT TO POINT SOMETIMES, SO IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: BUT, ALL IN ALL, IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

966 Posts
yoyoniner said:
How do you know all of this? You've been stuck living in one metro area your whole life. From the sounds of your posts it sounds like you have never moved or lived anywhere else.

DUH....IF YOU LIVE IN LA, YOU CAN GO TO THE OPERA, MUSEUMS, SYMPHONY, FASHION SHOWS, INDUSTRY PARTIES, RIDE SUBWAYS, LIVE IN SKYSCRAPERS, HOB-NOB IN THE TRENDIEST GRITTIES URBAN HOODS!!

buT IF YOU LIVE IN ny OR chICAGO, YOU CAN'T GO MOUNTAIN BIKING, SURFING, SKIING, PLAY BEACH VOLLEYBALL, AS EASILY :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) PLUS THE WEATHER SUCKS IN CHICAGO 9 MONTHS OF THE YEAR AND SUCKS IN NY FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS OF THE YEAR.!!!!!!!!!!

966 Posts
NewYorkYankee said:
Hello all! Im currently living in NYC, Im originally from Tennessee. While I DO like NY, I feel I may like LA more. While Ive never been, I do plan to visit later this year. Before I came to NYC I thought it was perfect and I would love it forever. Well, now I see the problems it has, and my own personal problems with it. So tell me honestly guys, what are LA's problems? Both the main problems of the city, and personally what you dont like about it. Please dont think Im bashing on LA, its not like Im saying "NYC is God's gift to the earth and LA sucks!" Thanks all! :)
BACK TO WHAT YOU ASKED ABOUT. LA'S ONLY BIG PROBLEM IS TRAFFIC AND CONGESTION, OTHER THAN THAT IT IS A GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT PLACE TO LIVE. THE TRAFFIC CONGESTION AND DENSITY IS PARTLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO BE.

966 Posts
Listen the Chicago weather is notorious for being horrible, amongst the nation, amongst ex-residents (who flocked to So Cal), and amongst Chicago itself. If Chicago is such a great place to live, why did the population go in the shitter from 1950 on.....? LA has boomed ever since its birth and is continuing to do so even though everyone says we SU&CK

But I don't want to talk about weather.

The reason I defend LA so feriously against everyone (especially Chicagoites) is that they always put LA down all the time. We are so clearlyy the nation's second city and in many ways FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!

LA ONE OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST URBAN CENTERS OF ALL TIME. WE KEEP GROWN AND GROWING AND GROWING!!!!!!!!!!

966 Posts
Westsidelife said:
This is just the internet. Please tell me that you don't think that people like Silverlake or Ferneynism represent all Angelenos.

I DO REPRESENT ALL ANGELINOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM EVERYANGELINO, HERE ME ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

966 Posts
LosAngelesSportsFan said:
mid town, you cant even try to compare the outdoor activities in NY to LA. you just cant. skiing in the hudson valley is not the same as boarding down a 2500 foot vertical 10,000 feet above LA. Surfing a 1 foot wave is not the same as going through a barrel at 10 feet. Camping in the mountains is not the same as a bum in central park pitching a tent, etc.. I dont know why it got to this, and i dont know why people respond to Silverlake. You dont have to respond, you can let it go.
nO DOUBT. it is NOT EVEN CLOSE. LA IS LIKE PARADISE. WE DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE TO BUFFALO. WE JUST HAVE TO HIKE UP PAST SUNSET. .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.