SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Im currently living in NYC, Im originally from Tennessee. While I DO like NY, I feel I may like LA more. While Ive never been, I do plan to visit later this year. Before I came to NYC I thought it was perfect and I would love it forever. Well, now I see the problems it has, and my own personal problems with it. So tell me honestly guys, what are LA's problems? Both the main problems of the city, and personally what you dont like about it. Please dont think Im bashing on LA, its not like Im saying "NYC is God's gift to the earth and LA sucks!" Thanks all! :)

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ferneynism said:
Here's a suggestion for you, stop bitchin about NY and it's problems and move back to Tennessee if you don't like it.......You know you just started to thread to start shit. Know you have an excellent day!!! :wave:
The only reason I started this thread is to gain insight into things that residents dont like about their city. It seems to me all you do is post smart remarks on here to 'start shit.' Saying Ive found some things I dont like about New York would not be considered "bitching" my friend. Like I suggested, if you dont like what were discussing in this thread, the solution is simple. Dont open it up. Are you that bored you continue to come into a thread you dislike just to make things up about peoples intentions? I hope not. NOW you have a good day buddy.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had no intentions of starting an argument here. I just wanted to hear what people say about L.A. that live there everyday. I can read all the wonderful, sugar coated articles in any travel book I pick up. I want the real deal.

Calla, I dont like the disgusting subway. I think its OKAY, but sometimes its just gross. I also dont care for the winter, the wind nearly ripped me in two walking to the train. I also get tired of peoples rude attitudes and "**** everyone in my way" kind of personality. Of course, not all people in New York are like this, Ive met a TON of nice people that could be straight from the south. lol I also understand that no city is perfect, thats why Id like to get an insight into how its really like to live there. I clearly understand at this point one thing, living somewhere is MUCH diffrent than visiting.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
callanoj said:
Well, from what it sounds like the weather and the subway are your main complaints with N.Y. If you don't mind driving then L.A. is great!

Winter in L.A. is incredible. That's one thing I really miss about southern California is the all year round great weather.

As for the "rude" New Yorkers, I found people in Los Angeles to be more rude than East Coasters. It was just less obvious, more passive aggressive. But that's such a generalization. I know that people can be rude whereever you go. I guess it's what you're used to. Bostonians have the reputation of being incredibly rude. I grew up here and can never understand why people think that...But, they do.

Why not check out San Francisco, Miami or Seattle? I'd suggest Boston, but it's as cold as New York. The subways are, however, much nicer here in Boston.

But try L.A. you can always move again if you don't like it.
People tell me that west coasters are rude also, but I guess its true that there are rude people everywhere. I love to drive, I really miss my car! Thats another reason L.A. seems nice to me. Big city and lots to do, plus I keep my car!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Fern, this is my last reply to you. I think next time you would like to post in the L.A. forum you need to be careful before you come to quick assumptions about what someone is wanting to do. The internet is the hardest place to read people. It seems to me that your the only one having a problem with my phrasing of the topic also. Others have been more than helpful telling me what they dont like about L.A. face it kid, no person loves everything about a city. If you would read my post more carefully you would see "Im not bashing on L.A." It was nice chatting with you though. No response is needed, but if you feel the desire, by all means Ill take a good laugh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.