SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
SILVERLAKE said:
LA IS UNQUESTIONABLY THE BEST METRO WHEN YOU COMBINE URBANISM, ART, CULTURE, CREATIVITY, DIVERSITY, ACCESS TO ACTIVITIES (BEACH/MOUNTAINS/DESERT), NIGHTLIFE, THE PEOPLE, WEATHER, THE VIBE.
How do you know all of this? You've been stuck living in one metro area your whole life. From the sounds of your posts it sounds like you have never moved or lived anywhere else.

· Registered
510 Posts
SILVERLAKE said:
DUH....IF YOU LIVE IN LA, YOU CAN GO TO THE OPERA, MUSEUMS, SYMPHONY, FASHION SHOWS, INDUSTRY PARTIES, RIDE SUBWAYS, LIVE IN SKYSCRAPERS, HOB-NOB IN THE TRENDIEST GRITTIES URBAN HOODS!!

buT IF YOU LIVE IN ny OR chICAGO, YOU CAN'T GO MOUNTAIN BIKING, SURFING, SKIING, PLAY BEACH VOLLEYBALL, AS EASILY :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) PLUS THE WEATHER SUCKS IN CHICAGO 9 MONTHS OF THE YEAR AND SUCKS IN NY FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS OF THE YEAR.!!!!!!!!!!

New York is nicer than Chicago 3 more months out of the year? Chicago's weather sucking for all of Spring, Summer and Fall (9 months)? Holy crap man, what planet are you living on.

Having lived in both places (New York and Chicago), you have proven to me you have no idea what you are talking about. Which is my point... you constantly say that LA is the best in EVERYTHING yet you have been living in a bubble your whole life and haven't even moved or lived anywhere else!

· Registered
510 Posts
SILVERLAKE said:
BACK TO WHAT YOU ASKED ABOUT. LA'S ONLY BIG PROBLEM IS TRAFFIC AND CONGESTION, OTHER THAN THAT IT IS A GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT PLACE TO LIVE. THE TRAFFIC CONGESTION AND DENSITY IS PARTLY DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO BE.
You are seriously the most unique person I have ever seen online. It's too bad you can't take that positive attitude and extend it to your country. Why does it always have to be self centered? You always talk about how diverse and sophisticated your city is yet you just make up weird ignorant, unsophisticated, uncultured stuff about other places. Like Chicago for instance. What's your obsession with Chicago.

· Registered
510 Posts
Ferneynism said:
Dude, bottom line your an idiot........

How are you going to ask Angelinos what they don't like about LA, In the LA forum where you know perfectly well how everyone bashes LA for what ever reason. OK, let's say you had good intentions (Yeah right) so let's pretend. Why did you word the thread LA's problems to begin with. Maybe if you would of ask what changes would you like to see in Los Angeles. We would not be having this discussing at all. So what ever was your bad intention I called you out on it and that's why your pist..... No more to be said, buddy!!!

PS~ Next time you want to post something in the LA Forum read the "Trolling and Antagonist Posts" before doing so.
Wow you are such an assh*le. I almost can't believe it. This guy comes in here considering a move to LA and says how he thinks it's for him, but just wants to hear about all the bad, the real deal, from real people that live there, before he seriously considers. Sounds pretty normal to me. He even kissed LA's ass for you. And you just roast him for it. How would he know "perfectly well how everyone bashed LA in the LA forum" if this thread he started was his FIRST POST. Good job welcoming him to LA though! LOL.

· Registered
510 Posts
SILVERLAKE said:
If Chicago is such a great place to live, why did the population go in the shitter from 1950 on.....?

The Chicago metro area has had very healthy growth and has NEVER, at ANY POINT, lost population. The CITY is now growing again at a healthy clip too. White flight to the suburbs is over. White flight to the city is now in. Let's keep it real Silverlake. You are making stuff up again. Don't understand your obsession with Chicago, but this summer would be an excellent time to plan your first visit.

· Registered
510 Posts
I'll be real... LA's biggest problem is some of the people that inhabit it. Guys like Ferneyism and Silverlake who snub their noses at the rest of their country, all the while having never travelled or visited the places they sneer at. From what I've found over the years, it's almost an exclusively Southern Californian thing to sneer at an area or city you've never even been too. Some of them seem almost proud that they can't locate major cities on a map. I can almost always tell online if someone is from Southern California because this certain subset of people only seem to exist there.

Now notice I said this is only a certain subset of people. Most of the people I have met from Southern California are a more cultured and well travelled, and less eager to try so hard and be so narcissistic, so this isn't a knock on "people from LA" as it is "certain people from LA that don't seem to exist anywhere else." Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
510 Posts
callanoj said:
Actually, Washington and Maine are very similar. Acadia National Park is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Go there in the early Fall.

You know those are beautiful pictures, but that looks exactly like a lot of the places in the Midwest too. Wisconsin in particular. In fact if I were to guess I would have guessed those were all from Wisconsin--looks exactly like it.

· Registered
510 Posts
solongfullerton said:
I think the amount of hills gives away that those pictures aren't of Wisconsin. I lived in Virginia for a while and it is also very similar.
Sounds like you've never been to Wisconsin. The entire western half of the state of Wisconsin looks exactly like those pictures. Check out Google maps and do a satellite image if you've never been. I mean EXACTLY like those pictures... except for the picture with the lighthouse, which looks EXACTLY like a picture along Lake Michigan...

...and the first picture of the lake which looks EXACTLY like Devil's Lake:

My point is not to get into a debate or anything with beautiful areas in states, or to downplay anything, I'm just saying if someone showed me those pictures I would be 100% sure those were from Wisconsin having travelled there. Of course I would be wrong, but my point is you could show those pictures and tell people here in Chicago that they were from Wisconsin and people would be like "Oh yeah, the western half, oh and there's Devil's Lake!" :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.