Votes: 160 56.5%
  • no

Votes: 123 43.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Pfft! Las vegas doesn't need that IMO...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Much harder to build a world's tallest in the states. Burj Dubai is only costing around $600 million I think to build. To put into perspective, one particular project in Sacramento (Twin 53 story condos) is costing around $375 Million. But in Dubai, that would go a LONG way. Blame the land prices and construction rates;)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
remember anything is ALMOST possible in Las Vegas...they can afford billion dollar projects...few of the projects they had cost nearly $2 billion! The US air-space height limit is 2,000 ft...you can't build more than 2,000 ft anywhere in the US.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I say yes, though I think after 9-11 the worlds tallest building is much less appealing than before, I dont see millions going to see the current worlds tallest or to petronas, I think it definately isnt what it used to be because you can see extremely tall (over 350-400m) buildings in many places now.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
it'll never happen,las vegas just got 2 buildings reduced from 900ft to 600 thanks to the faa,and stratosphere had the same problem but they went ahead and built it anyways and the faa got really pissed......

so as you can see unless they do something real far way from the airport it ain't gunna happen

·
Registered
700 Posts
Las Vegas is in the middle of nowhere, it's going to need a much larger population and alot of surronding urban areas to make the tower look in place.

·
5,813 Posts
Las Vegas doesn't need a large population to support it's economy (though it's still growing at leaps and bounds). If anywhere in this country could put up a world's tallest it is Las Vegas. In fact, the Millenium Tower was proposed just before 2000 and would have been the world's tallest at 2,200 feet, and included gaming, retail, office space, condominiums, hotel...it was proposed by Tate-Snyder Architects. It resembeled a cone.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
I hate FAA... I feel that we need any new amendment to protect away from NIMBY and control over heights like FAA. All of new business have rights to build over 2,000ft if they want too.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts