SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3:36
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lasnamäe, the biggest district of tallinn. home to ~112 000 people (tallinn's population is slightly over 400 000).

majority of the residents are russians.

and...

there are 650 commieblocks in lasnamäe!

just a few photos, you'll get the idea...

and some views from my balcony:

nice, huh? :)

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
Man, you utterly rock! (or, should I say, punk ;))

I've been waiting original shots from Lasnamäe for ages. I suppose there isn't any change of views from the bridges that go above the multilane road that leads to Lasnamäe?

·
always on
4,815 Posts
well, not the prettyest of blocks in Lasnamäe, certianly not bad for such a huge area and for such fast development. I will make some photos of my district and other places soon enough ;) 650 blocks? That is alot, pretty scary that Lasnamäe was originally planned twice as large at 250 000!!!!!! only 50% got completed and another huge road (like the lasnamäe channel) was planned on the road next to Song festival grounds!

·
User
719 Posts
:) Great pics! Thanks. I hope that these buildings will be reconstructed, because this district is way toooo grey. I hope that you make such interesting
photo tours also in the future.

·
3:36
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
toni - the lasnamäe canal is just too far away from where i live... so unfortunately you're right, there's no chance of seeing it in the near future. unless some other tallinn forumers take some pics of it... winkwink!

martin - are there any nice commieblocks in tallinn? i want proof! :D

sander - everything i do is interesting! :D (keep yor eyes open during the next days;))

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
You're on a roll, Jarmo! :eek:kay:

And I agree with sander: WAY to much grey in those buildings. I hope funds will be found to cheer them up! :)

·
Riga - style
128 Posts
ou cmon sander.. when we showed Dreilini in riga with beautifull reconstructed commies u said they should be demolished anyway.. but in tallinn its good enough to keep em jsut reconstruct :D why so?

·
User
719 Posts
Norxx said:
ou cmon sander.. when we showed Dreilini in riga with beautifull reconstructed commies u said they should be demolished anyway.. but in tallinn its good enough to keep em jsut reconstruct :D why so?
Oh, I was just a little bit disappointed of final result of reconstruction. ;)

·
Banned
1,161 Posts
^^ That's all I can see too, and it's probably because this is an old thread, Beta. :) If you look up to the beginning of the thread you'll see that Jarmo opened this thread in April; he has probably dropped those pix from his server since.

And welcome to flapflop! :cheers: That's a very nice link you give us. :eek:kay: Are you from Tallinn? :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts