SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Best Quality Since 1982
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LATIN AMERICA | Constructions Over 200m

-RULES to include a project on the list -​

1) Can only be listed those projects that are REALLY U/C, and should have an image that prooves that, otherwise it won´t be accepted on the list, the image must show a fair enough advance, at least must be on excavation phase, minimun requirement (of this list) to consider under construction.

2) You must have official information about the buildings height or at least a well fundamented estimate (based on blueprints or plans).

3) Minimun height is 200m.

4) When it is an "estimated height" the symbol ~ will appear before the height.

List of tallest skyscrapers UNDER CONSTRUCTION in Latin America | + 200m

Updated: 06/05/08

1. Los Faros de Panamá (Central Tower) | Panama City | 85f | 346m | 2011

2. Gran Costanera Tower | Santiago de Chile | 60f | 300m | 2010

3. Trump Ocean Club | Panama City | 68f | 287m | 2010

4. Vitri Tower| Panama City | 281m | 2010

5. The Point | Panama City | 67f | 275m | 2009

6. Arts-Yoo Tower| Panama City | 265m | 2010

7. Tower Financial Center | Panama City | 255m | 2010

8. Q Tower | Panama City | ~250m | 2011

9. Ocean Two | Panama City | 70f | 246m | 2009

10. Revolution Tower | Panama City | 54f | 243m | 2011

11. Pearl Tower | Panama City | 70f | 242m | 2009

12. Megápolis - tower 1- | Panama City | 63f | ~240m | 2010

13. Waters Tower | Panama City | 69f | 232m | 2010

14. Star Bay Tower | Panama City | ~220m | 2010

15. Aqualina | Panama City | 210m | 2008

16. Yatch Club Tower | Panama City | 210m | 2009

17. Ocean One | Panama City | 208m | 2008

·
Registered
14,341 Posts
Muy buena lista, pero oye, te falto una

- TORRE REFORMA -​

a) Localización. Paseo de la Reforma 483 (a unos metros de Torre Mayor :cheers:)
b) Altura (mts). 244.00 mts
c) Altura (pisos). 57 Niveles + Planta Baja
d) Arquitecto(s). LBR Arquitectos
e) Status. En Construcción (2008-2011).

·
Best Quality Since 1982
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, esa torre aún no ha iniciado construcción, están en fase de preparación del terreno, cuando estén por lo menos en excavación será agregada a a lista, saludos
No, this tower is not U/C yet, is in the preparation phase, when it reaches at least excavation phase it will be added to the list, I´m very aware of this tower and keeping a close eye to it´s development, greetings

·
Banned
144 Posts
2008 is the year that the Panamanian building bubble will crash.

Your economy and Per capita income is too small for million dollar condos in the sky.

Fueld by pure speculation.

Get out while you can.

·
Best Quality Since 1982
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
2008 is the year that the Panamanian building bubble will crash.

Your economy and Per capita income is too small for million dollar condos in the sky.

Fueld by pure speculation.

Get out while you can.
LOL, you really don´t have a clue of what you are talking about, it has been more than five years since the inmobilliary boom began and there are no signs of slowing down or bursting, our economy has grown more than any other economy in the continent for the past two years, and this year is predicted to grow even more, every day more and more people come to live in Panama because of it´s multiple advantages over other countries in the continent including US, and that´s what´s keeping this boom, we are kicking ass right now, and there are always envy people who can´t accept to see progress on a small under development country, but anyways you should search for other sources because you are getting wrong info my friend, :cheers:

·
16,916 Posts
^^ Let that guy talk :lol:, But you forgot Megapolis Tower 1. 340m 89fl U/C ;) Nice thread :)

·
Best Quality Since 1982
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ Let that guy talk :lol:, But you forgot Megapolis Tower 1. 340m 89fl U/C ;) Nice thread :)
I took it out because from a good source I was informed that this building is not U/C yet, only the smallest tower for the moment, sadly, :bash:

·
Kikab
10,053 Posts
Amazing the number of buildings under construction in Panama. Its a real boom. I imagine that all of them was designed for a wet and tropical weather.

·
Best Quality Since 1982
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amazing the number of buildings under construction in Panama. Its a real boom. I imagine that all of them was designed for a wet and tropical weather.
That´s correct, many of these projects have bet on the use of ecologic or green energy that reduce consumption of electricity and at the same time keeps the building fresh, beginning from the type of glass of the windows all the way to solar panels on the roof like Los Faros de Panamá.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Nice to see that Latinamerica is beginning to look at the skies. First Panamá, and we surely know that other countries will join too (Rep. Dominicana, México, Colombia, etc). Is just a matter of time.

Anyway, to me Costanera Center is the most beautiful building in Latinamerica. I simple love it :D But I also love the Waters and the Q tower :drool:

·
South Korea
150 Posts
Interesting thread. And as someone who know Singapore reasonably well in the S.E.A. context it was interesting to think about Panama playing a similar role in C.A.

And there's a 50/50 chance the next US president will be a person who was born there BTW.

·
Banned
4,890 Posts
very nice projects............my favourite ............the gran costanera tower in Santiago

·
Best Quality Since 1982
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More projects are beggining construction in latin america very soon:

El Faro 280m Medellín, Colombia
Torre Reforma 244m D.F. Mexico (already in preparation of the zone)
Torre Anacaona 300m Dominican Republic
All this towers could be added to the list in a matter of days or weeks.

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
Panamá is WOW!!!

i think Gran Costanera construction seems quite slow... or is that an old pic?

·
16,916 Posts
I took it out because from a good source I was informed that this building is not U/C yet, only the smallest tower for the moment, sadly, :bash:
Hmm, on the latest construction pics it looks like there are 2 towers U/C.. :dunno:

·
Best Quality Since 1982
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmm, on the latest construction pics it looks like there are 2 towers U/C.. :dunno:
Well I used to think that also, but now I have information that they are only building one, let´s wait a few weeks and probably we will be more sure about it

1 - 20 of 115 Posts