SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come in LA you Hardly see latina women dating black men? I know in texas you see more black men and latina women dating and I saw a lot in jacksonville florida too and atlanta and in the bay area in california but not a lot is southern california why is that?

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
because in L.A their are a lot of latin men too

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've never noticed that...as a matter of fact, i've never cared to notice that...is there something wrong with the interracial dating thing? anyway...this seems like a topic more suited to the Skybar than here...just my opinion

·
Smile!
609 Posts
soulbro said:
How come in LA you Hardly see latina women dating black men? I know in texas you see more black men and latina women dating and I saw a lot in jacksonville florida too and atlanta and in the bay area in california but not a lot is southern california why is that?
And its very rare in L.A. to see a latina women dating Black men.

·
17,407 Posts
soulbro said:
Are you kidding me? When I was in LA I saw alot African American men / Hispanic women couples. In fact you'll see AA men with women of any race whether they're Asian, caucasian or hispanic. They have these appeal just like those hip-hop / rnb stars.

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
soulbro said:
You still living in the '50s?

·
Citywatch #2 lol j/k
267 Posts
maybe those black guys could be "latino" also there are black latinos, i.e Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, Puerto ricans, Colombians, Belizeans but it depends I think alot of it has to do with culture. In Los Angeles its mostly mexicans they have their own distinct culture from other latino cultures who have their own distinct cultures in the EAst coast like Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Colombians, etc. I think if a black american guy goes with a mexican girl in LA its really still is looked down upon by many but its just ignorancy, Now i have seen many black americans, with Salvadoreans, Nicaraguenses, Panamians, Belizeans, etc mostly central american latinos. In the east coast it is more commonplace to see black americans with carribean latinos.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
raymond3000 said:
maybe those black guys could be "latino" also there are black latinos, i.e Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, Puerto ricans, Colombians, Belizeans

Excellent point!!! "Latino" is not a race but a culture of people made up of people from many different racial stock. So you may not see alot of American blacks(that's what African American means isn't it?) but their are plenty of African latinos I'm sure dating other non-identified African latinos. Do you see how silly and ignorant this question is?

Reactions: OpenMinded1

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, most of the "Latinos" here on the east coast are of a heterogeneous phenotype, not an overall maxed out Africoid, which infact they are some.

Also, I seen a few people here using racial classifications wrong, on a few threads. Social - Continental - National - Ethno measurments aren't anthropological measurements, when one is using the actual term of "race". If you don't know, now you know. ;)

About L.A, maybe it's because of strong cultural-subcultural ties, harder to approach ?

Cognition*

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
This is true of upwards of 78% of Black Americans as well. Although it is not necessarily culturally significant to state their racially heterogenous ancestry, due to partially remnants of a colonial mentality as well as black pride. Blacks in America are mixtures of African, European as well as indigenous peoples. This is the same story from Puerto Rico to Brazil, who by the way has the largest population of African and Afro-ancestral peoples outside of Africa, which I believe is inconsistently grouped as a "latin" country. Now you know, if you didn't.

That's more East Coast.........
Today 05:14 AM

Are you trying to say that their are not "black" people of Mexican ancestry? At one time African slaves in Mexico outnumbered the Spaniards 5 to 1 and mixed heavily with the "Indians" or more appropiately called indigenous peoples.

http://www.afromexico.com/

Another link is to the Schomburg Center For Research In Black Culture started by a Jewish Puerto Rican of African descent by the name of Arturo Alonso Schomburg.
http://www.nypl.org/index.html

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
People Of The New World (PNW).

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
lauderdalegator said:
Uh Oh....something tells me this thread won't last long.

^ Still going................................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts