M2's construction

New Tram East-West (earliest in 2015)

EPFL New Learning Center

Personally I prefered the project of Herzog n' de Meuron

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the first one, by the japanese architect Kazuyo Sejima (New Museum of Contemporary Art from New York) . Beginning of building 2007, Inauguration 2009.

G

·
Great stuff! I'm so proud of my city!!!!! I can't wait to see the beginning of the construction for the Learning Center. Everyone is talking about it in the EPFL.

·
Resurrected
24,393 Posts
I support it ;)

Bern was great til the early 90s then it went back to a boring provincial conservative authority sleeping place :)

Go Lausanne!!! In less than 40 years Winterthur will take over Bern as well. But not in agglomeration. But Lausanne can do it ;)

BTW: did you know that 30 years ago Bern hat more inhabitants than Basel nowadays? - Okay only the city prop ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
I support it ;)

Bern was great til the early 90s then it went back to a boring provincial conservative authority sleeping place :)

Go Lausanne!!! In less than 40 years Winterthur will take over Bern as well. But not in agglomeration. But Lausanne can do it ;)

BTW: did you know that 30 years ago Bern hat more inhabitants than Basel nowadays? - Okay only the city prop ;)
No I' didnt. But 20 years ago Basel was bigger than Geneva and now it's the contrary.

And the 1850's, so 150 years ago, Zurich was only the 4th or the 5th city of CH. Maybe it changed also because of the cities fusion to become the new Zurich.

·
Resurrected
24,393 Posts
Das stimmt nicht ganz...

Die grössten Städte der Schweiz 1850...

1 Zürich 41'600
2 Genf 37'700
3 Basel 27'800
4 Bern 29'700
5 St.Gallen 17'900 !!!!!!!!!!
6 Lausanne 17'100
7 La Chaux-de-Fonds 13'700 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 Winterthur 13'700
9 Luzern 10'100

·
Resurrected
24,393 Posts
Because it developped in the wake of Zurich as a subcenter in its metro - while Lausanne always was quite independant as a state capital and center not only of Vaud but also of Wallis (it's their big city where they study and go out) - although it has melted together with Geneva and Montreux in the Leman Metro. So it's not really fair to compare them somehow, you are right ;)

·
Resurrected
24,393 Posts
Maybe nowadays - I also heard that Lausanne people have a bit of a complex that they are only the "second city" in the metro. I think Geneva is not more alive in any terms than Lausanne, it's even a colder city. Historically (also in old songs and sagas) the Valais people always talk about moving to the city and mean Lausanne - for studying, shopping, working...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts