SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
I don't think a new vague thread is needed for this topic (even just put it in Planning rant thread) but just these few recent Seattle laws are harming housing and decent landlords all in an effort to push everything but rent control:
Rental Registration Ordinance
First Applied, First Approved
Deposit timing and amount limits

Potential landlords like me are dissuaded from investing in rental properties and offering them to others. Current landlords are leaving the business.

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
Not only are small landlords leaving the business there are plenty not getting into the business. Ask anyone you know who has significant cash to invest (in this case I'm thinking a few hundred grand minimum) and especially with stock market so high - real estate is an obvious answer. I just bought a rental cabin on Whidbey instead of putting my money to work in Seattle. South Whidbey (north probably too) has its own housing crisis but at least county government isn't making it extra bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.