SkyscraperCity banner

What are your LEAST favourite projects?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Futurist
38,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's find out the least favourite projects on here. Multiple choice again, so you can vote for more than one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shard London Bridge (310m)

Bishopsgate Tower (288m)

Heron Tower (242m)

122 Leadenhall (225m)

Beetham Tower (219m)

The Minerva Building (217m)

North Quay, Canary Wharf (216m, 203m and 120m)

Riverside South (214m and 189m)

20 Fenchurch Street (192m)

St George's Wharf (181m)

Doon Street Tower (168m)

Broadgate Tower and 201 Bishopsgate (164m)

Pan Peninsula Tower (147m)

Multiplex Living Tower (147m)

The Willis Building (125m)

·
Registered
491 Posts
20 fenchurch street i h8 that design

·
Registered
24,267 Posts
North Quay, simply because it's everything I hate about Canary Wharf summed up in one development.

Broadgate Tower, mainly because I think the design hasn't been refined enough unlike the other City proposals, and it's far too wide for its height and impacts too much on St Paul's from the South Bank.

Doon Street, although I'm warming to the idea of a South Bank cluster (more on that later) I find the design too bare and dull for such a prime position when compared to what it will be against on the Westminster skyline.

·
Viking
1,078 Posts
Riverside South, because I think it completely ruins the typical style of Canary Wharf. I'll be happy if it never gets built.

·
1,226 Posts
Beetham, certainly in it's current design. Looks like it's had an ass implant but more importantly it's to big and bulky for where it is and would proberly make most of south london fall out with skyscrapers.

·
Registered
467 Posts
1. 20 Fenchurch - keep changing my mind about it, it has its good and bad points but hasn't convinced me overall.

2. North Quay - refuse to believe they'd actually buyild that. The renders look unfinished.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Only one I truly hope gets shelved (or at least redesigned) is Riverside South, but not much chance of that as it seems to have got enthusiastic backing in all the necessary quarters.

Not sure yet about Doon Street or 20 Fenchurch Street. I know I said yesterday that I thought 20FC was great, but, well, its a different day today...

Kind of like North Quay, but that can be my dirty little secret perhaps :runaway:

·
Premium Member
18,785 Posts
20 Fenchurch Street, North Quay and Beetham in that order, but 20 Fenchurch Street by a big margin

20 Fenchurch is just an utter joke, its a ridiculous shape and will automatically become the most prominent tower in the City through being closest to the Thames. Knowing our luck all of the amazing projects in the pipeline will fall through and we'll be left with this laughing stock. I can say in all honesty I far prefer what's there at the moment, and that's shite.

North Quay: Bland, corporate, unimaginative dross on a par with the Bank St towers

Beetham: Like the idea and the location, but the 'bump' is just too prominent. Another potential laughing stock.

I have a horrible feeling St George's Wharf might end up looking cack too

1 - 20 of 39 Posts