SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Rafik Hariri Campus" is the main campus of the Lebanese University. It is located in the town of Hadath, south of Beirut. It contains 9 faculties and houses tens of thousands of students each year; thus making it the largest university campus in Lebanon.

the masterplan:

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
during the civil war

now

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
during construction

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
during construction

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
cool pics but are you sure they named it the Rafic Harriri campus?
yeah it was named officially a couple of years ago "مدينة رفيق الحريري الجامعية"

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hahahaha la2 walla mafi razili... 3m 2adiya ya bil jem3a ya doing house chores w cooking w hal 2osas...

·
Registered
156 Posts
yeah it was named officially a couple of years ago "مدينة رفيق الحريري الجامعية"
enno they should just get it over with and name beirut, rafic harriri city, the airport, the univeristy hospital of beirut, harriri campus.

rachid karami and rene mouawad were killed too, what did they name after them

this is getting ridiculous!

·
Libano Cinéphile
620 Posts
3anjad, I was just thinking about this today. Why is everything named after politicians... why not name something after the rahbanis... did they not contribute to Lebanese society? Fairouz?... sabah? Gibran?? Enno... why is everything tied to political society not civil 3anjad...its too much now... enno harriri overload, I kind of dont care anymore.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Arent buildings usually named after the people that invested into them either by donation, or something?
Did Hariri contribute to this University at all? If that is the case, the naming is legitimate. My Univ has like 6 buildings named after Labatt beer owners because they contributed to some degree to that building

·
--
964 Posts
^^ As far as I know it was financed by the Arab Fund + a loan from the Islamic Bank. So if anything we are the ones paying therefore it should be named after us. The Lebanese University.
and imo even if he donated/invested,etc.., I mean the National Library was funded basically by a one single man, yet no one even mentions his name. All in all, this is a Public institute, so +1 for Lebnani's post.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts