SkyscraperCity banner

1061 - 1079 of 1079 Posts

·
Carburetor (Busy) ▼
1,578 Posts
^^ I'm sorry for the delay, but I'm seriously lacking the time..

As for the progress, well I've been working on a pano that was still a "work in progress" for quite some time, and that I will try my best to finalize by tonight. I hope that it will meet our banner's standards..

I was also planning for a photoshoot, but things didn't work as expected regarding my break/vacation. I'm unable to fit a serious photoshoot in my schedule currently, as I'm already overwhelmed with my projects.

However, I have something in mind that will probably provide us with a great shot, without having to dedicate a photoshoot for it. I'll give more info when the time comes!

Until then, keep tuned for my current panorama..

Later, and sorry again for making you wait guys! :)

·
Carburetor (Busy) ▼
1,578 Posts
OK, so here's what I've been working on:

This is a panorama made from 22 pictures resulting in a print-out of more than 7 meters wide if needed! :D

Above is the preview and not the entry (banner), I'll resize it and remove the watermark if you like it..

·
Registered
6 Posts
The great balance of the orange color with the blue color in the composition is breathtaking.
Besidses the below the eye level angle, and the visual balance between the city and the yaught makes the panorama extremely pro. Nice work.

·
Carburetor (Busy) ▼
1,578 Posts
Thanks guys. Here's my submission:

·
Smirk4Life
1,745 Posts
haters dropped our banner to #9

this fugly banner is now on top

·
Carburetor (Busy) ▼
1,578 Posts
^^ Yes Rabih. I've been monitoring the votes and the progress, and the voters for this banner are the ones who downvoted the other banners, specially ours.

They are like leading a campaign or something in order to make their banner "climb" to the top; yesterday, it was at the 25th!

If someone has some time to spare, maybe he or she can pay a visit to the Iranian forums, and see what's happening. But please don't post something negative there (preferably say nothing at all), I have something in mind if this turns true.. ;)

·
Smirk4Life
1,745 Posts
New Submission:

Original Photo posted by Wissarb here

·
Carburetor (Busy) ▼
1,578 Posts
^^ Down to #20! how did the Iran banner manage to stay at #2???
Check out the comments on our banner, and try to find the same comment in every city-banner in the top 20. Their banner "landed" in the top 100, but had a long run to make to reach the top. Some voters started giving 1 star to every banner in the top 20, while giving 5 to their's.

The reason our banner got that affected was because it already had "room" to get some down-votes, while the others -having more than a thousand vote already- had "consumed" the down-votes previously.

Hope I made sense!

·
4,373 Posts
So as most of you have probably noticed, there is a new SSC logo. As such, the banner size has unfortunately been reduced. The new dimensions are 615 px by 123 px (old size was 719 px by 123 px). Please keep this in mind has we get ready for the next banner competition!

1061 - 1079 of 1079 Posts