Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
If I may add!
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would it take to organizea FIFA World Cup right here in Lebanon?

We already have 2 good stadia that are capable of hosting world cup matches, and ot a bad total of hotel rooms, we just need to work on our infastrucutre, and security, afterall, they did the world cup in SA even with Al Qaeida threatening to bomb the stadia.

1-Building 8 new stadiums, each having a 60000+ campacity each, in different parts of Lebanon.

2-Continue the construction of the highway leading to tyr.

3-reinforce infastructure inside the cities of Tripoli, Saida, and Beirut, and the roads to inner Lebanon.

How long would it take?
What do you think?

Is it too humorous to become a reality?

·
مستخدم م
688 Posts
Umm first we would have to let Israel participate, and given the instability that Lebanon faces the chances will be nil!

·
Lebanese
156 Posts
I am afraid it is WAY TOO HUMOROUS to become a reality...

I mean come on what are you talking about world cup, football, world events who cares about that... We have other important things to care about, like eliminating the state of Israel off the Map :) ... لا صوت يعلو فوق صوت المعركة hehehe poor Lebanese ...

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
I think if we could have a joint Israeli-Lebanese bid (with or without the Palestinians), it could probably gain some traction. But we probably wouldn't have a chance of joint-hosting the World Cup at any time before 2040 and that's assuming that both of our countries still exist (i.e., haven't been completely destroyed), have the money to host the event and agree to do so.

Another challenge to this would be the fact that neither Israel nor Lebanon is a football power and FIFA would be reluctant to allow two countries with weak football teams to jointly host the WC.

·
If I may add!
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
חבר1.0 , Was South Africa a footballing giant, Qatar?

And about the joint bid, that would be in the most perfect of worlds, I mean when the Israeli government takes care of the snobiness and bossiness, and moderate Lebanese would be more abundant...

136 Posts
Hahaha! Israel- Lebanon bid will never happen! I think Beirut is far from ready to organize the FIFA World cup! If South Africa can do it, when not you? But Qatar does it in 2022, so it will be a long time before an other arab country wins.....:!(

·
Mah *****h
10,965 Posts
Hahaha! Israel- Lebanon bid will never happen! I think Beirut is far from ready to organize the FIFA World cup! If South Africa can do it, when not you? But Qatar does it in 2022, so it will be a long time before an other arab country wins.....:!(
It's not about being arab or whatever... It's by continent ! For 2026, there's no way an Asian country can win the bid !

Morocco will surly submit a bid for 2026... After the 2010 failure... :mad:

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
But the advantage of co-bidding with Israel is that Israel is neither an Arab country nor is it even part of the Asian football region (Israel competes in the European region). So if they decided to award the 2026 or 2030 WC to Europe, Israel could theoretically bid for the right to host the event. And Lebanon could co-host.

136 Posts
It's not about being arab or whatever... It's by continent ! For 2026, there's no way an Asian country can win the bid !

Morocco will surly submit a bid for 2026... After the 2010 failure... :mad:
Do you really think that? As much I want Morocco to win, I am almost 100 % sure Morocco won't win, just because Qatar is hosting the WC in 2022:)

·
Mah *****h
10,965 Posts
Morocco is far from Qatar, and not 100% arab... :D

But yeah, I don't think Morocco will get it ! :/

Maybe for another 100% African WC bid.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
What would it take to organizea FIFA World Cup right here in Lebanon?

We already have 2 good stadia that are capable of hosting world cup matches, and ot a bad total of hotel rooms, we just need to work on our infastrucutre, and security, afterall, they did the world cup in SA even with Al Qaeida threatening to bomb the stadia.

1-Building 8 new stadiums, each having a 60000+ campacity each, in different parts of Lebanon.

2-Continue the construction of the highway leading to tyr.

3-reinforce infastructure inside the cities of Tripoli, Saida, and Beirut, and the roads to inner Lebanon.

How long would it take?
What do you think?

Is it too humorous to become a reality?
Humorous ? Hardly, Qatar made it so why not Lebanon ?

FIFA requires 60,000 contracted rooms, how many does Lebanon have ?

12 stadiums (minimum), one being 60,000+ and the rest being 40,000+ so you dont need many 60+K stadiums (might be a waste).

Oh and last but not least, plenty of spare money to bribe FIFA executive committee and the president :D

Good Luck !

·
Lebanese
156 Posts
Alrayyan, i guess you're from Qatar... Really I appreciate your encouragement but seriously Lebanon will never stand a chance as long as we believe it is our holy "DUTY" to fight on behalf of the MUSLIM and THE ARAB world...
Besides even if Qatar did bribe FIFA executive committee which i highly doubt, it only proves that these people really care for their country that they would pay huge amounts of money to host such an important event... I could only wish the Lebanese officials would have a similar mentality ...

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
LOL..... This thread is a joke.

Lebanon hosting the world largest event! maybe in the year 3000.

·
Cedar3
342 Posts
No Lebanese president, prime minister, or any government official or head of a party has ever have a crap about Lebanon's economy, or tried to utilize it's potential except Rafic Hariri. When our government can reduce the percentage of taxpayer money they steal from 99% to 0%, and when they can provide Lebanese with power round the clock, and pave roads, provide water for it's citizens, and create a infrastructure that is 1/10000000 of Qatar's, we will still not be able to host anything due to foreign powers continuing to fight in order to have the greatest influence over Lebanon's politics, and furthermore because you have a terrorist state as a neighbor. Hey Qatari I love your government and respect how much they care and love their people, but a world cup in Lebanon truly is a dream. :)

136 Posts
In every country in this world there are corrupt politicians! Even the FIFA is corrupt! Look to Russia, very corrupt no freedom of speech or they will kill you! But still they have won!
Lebanon can win! But it's a little bit small, so it has to work together with Syria or Jordan....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts