SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Dutch visit Leeds more than any other European countries citizens?i remember reading something about it a while ago but i wasn't sure if it was complete twonk.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
TOPLIMEY said:
Do the Dutch visit Leeds more than any other European countries citizens?i remember reading something about it a while ago but i wasn't sure if it was complete twonk.
not a clue sport, but by gods, you win a prize for the most bizarre thread title on the Leeds forum to date :runaway:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Had a guy from Rotterdam come and interview me yesterday for a paper he was writing for a PHD on the comparison between the residential markets, with particular reference to lettings legislation....

You're right Jimbo, weird thread title.
Perhaps it's because it's the closest major city to the main access points to this country for the Dutch? (Rotterdam - Hull ferry)

·
Banned
7,712 Posts
True, cities like York (and Chester, Bath, Oxford etc) are the ones many of us like to visit. Wales and the Lake District are popular destinations too.

London though is by far the closest, thanks to the Chunnel. 6,5-7 hours from door to door in my case.

G

·
I think Newcastle gets lots of visitors from Europe and Scandinavia for the shopping there.
Yes I often see Dutch motorists getting stuck in our hilariously long traffic jams at key junctions. Quite often I will go to the Royal Quays shopping centre beside the North Shields ferry terminal and there will be plenty of Dutch, Scadanavian and German cars parked up.

I love Dutch registrations plates btw, mainly cos their nice and bright and they look like a bank sort code.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes I often see Dutch motorists getting stuck in our hilariously long traffic jams at key junctions. Quite often I will go to the Royal Quays shopping centre beside the North Shields ferry terminal and there will be plenty of Dutch, Scadanavian and German cars parked up.

I love Dutch registrations plates btw, mainly cos their nice and bright and they look like a bank sort code.
Out of interest, is there anything available in this country that much cheaper that it is worth coming over to get?

I remember talking to someone I stayed with in Iceland and they said they used to come over to Scotland to shop until it got too expensive. How can anything in this country be expensive to them when they come from a country that charged me £15 for Fish and Chips and £4 for a pint in a bog standard restauraunt!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts