SkyscraperCity banner

6301 - 6315 of 6315 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
For 20+ years Leeds Bradford Airport has released plans for Terminals, taxiways and apron space in a blaze of local BBC news glory! NONE of which has ever been built - it is deliberate nonsense to con the Yorkshire public. T

The only people that want Yorkshire to have Leeds Bradford Airport - is Manchester International Airport. LBA literally propels MIA's passenger numbers skyward.

LBA does not, can not, has not and will never work properly for a region more populous than a lot of countries. Do you really think Manchester wants us to replace this passenger squandering, aircraft rejecting civil aviation carbuncle when their business literally and in no small way depends on it being here!!? - They will keep this joke going with their last Dollar! - It is called destroying the competition.

·
Registered
326 Posts
4Airports censors me from posting on their site because they cannot handle the truth. They have been rewarded with a basically closed airport. Do you think British Airways will be back at LBA!!?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Before this virus even got started LBA's passenger numbers were dropping from the previous year month after month. Reductions on capacity on multiple routes. Routes being cancelled and airlines pulling out - all to do with the airport not being correctly located within Yorkshire.

What announcing a new terminal does is it keeps lying plates spinning - they've been spinning for 50 years+!. What a new terminal announcement does is say " ooh a new terminal will change everything" - it is a categoric untruth. Every few years the LBA spinning plates are spun a little bit more and Manchester just keeps on growing.

Any will new terminal (it will not get built) will not change the failure that is Leeds Bradford Airport.

The airport needs to be relocated or this region will continue its 50+ years of Yorkshire and Humber / North East England civil aviation highway robbery. Deliberate big company, big politics planned robbery of a region.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Before this virus even got started LBA's passenger numbers were dropping from the previous year month after month. Reductions on capacity on multiple routes. Routes being cancelled and airlines pulling out - all to do with the airport not being correctly located within Yorkshire.

What announcing a new terminal does is it keeps lying plates spinning - they've been spinning for 50 years+!. What a new terminal announcement does is say " ooh a new terminal will change everything" - it is a categoric untruth. Every few years the LBA spinning plates are spun a little bit more and Manchester just keeps on growing.

Any will new terminal (it will not get built) will not change the failure that is Leeds Bradford Airport.

The airport needs to be relocated or this region will continue its 50+ years of Yorkshire and Humber / North East England civil aviation highway robbery. Deliberate big company, big politics planned robbery of a region.
so what about your great plan and vision that Leeds would have a fantastic new airport opportunity with the development of Leeds East Airport...of course, its a film set now!!

·
Registered
106 Posts

You are one crazy conspiracy theorist.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Leeds Bradford airport has a fantastic proposal for a new green terminal. The people of the Leeds City Region and beyond should get behind it and support it.

20/02559/FU
Simple Search
Sorry, I just want to bump this up as I think it’s important. Please can everyone, whether for or against respond to the planning application.

But mostly those for.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ryanair flights from Leeds/Bradford for summer 2020 and winter 2020/21 are now back on sale. Due to on-going COVID-19 situation the is a reduced flying schedule during July with the full schedule resuming from August.

Summer routes: Dublin, Gdansk, Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw, Limoges, Pisa, Malta, Faro, Alicante, Malaga, Gerona, Ibiza & Palma
Winter routes: Dublin, Gdansk, Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw, Riga, Bratislava, Alicante, Malaga & Tenerife

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry, I just want to bump this up as I think it’s important. Please can everyone, whether for or against respond to the planning application.

But mostly those for.
Just put in a support comment. Lots of objections but seems to be quite a few support comments too which is good.

·
Registered
29,212 Posts
Ryanair flights from Leeds/Bradford for summer 2020 and winter 2020/21 are now back on sale. Due to on-going COVID-19 situation the is a reduced flying schedule during July with the full schedule resuming from August.

Summer routes: Dublin, Gdansk, Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw, Limoges, Pisa, Malta, Faro, Alicante, Malaga, Gerona, Ibiza & Palma
Winter routes: Dublin, Gdansk, Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw, Riga, Bratislava, Alicante, Malaga & Tenerife
Really? This is a major relief - it had been thought that Ryanair were pulling out of Leeds.

·
Registered
29,212 Posts
Just had a British Airways flight from Leeds - London (to Hamburg) cancelled in September. No alternative flights and nothing coming up when I look at random dates as far as December. I think the route has been cancelled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had a British Airways flight from Leeds - London (to Hamburg) cancelled in September. No alternative flights and nothing coming up when I look at random dates as far as December. I think the route has been cancelled.
Same here expected June to be cancelled but not September. Hope it's not had it. Will try October.

·
Registered
29,212 Posts
This is clearly bad news and was always a possibility after BA had shown they didn't want to give the airport a fair chance even before Covid-19.

Looking ahead from here... It could mean a bolstering of the KLM and Aer Lingus connections? I'm not sure it's worth speculating too much when we barely know what will happen tomorrow at the moment.

6301 - 6315 of 6315 Posts