SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,138 Posts
Great thread, it's such a shame that google Street view was taken back in 2008, does anyone know how often they will update street view, i wouldn't imagen it be updated often, lets hope it's every 5 years in the main cities..

·
B*tch
15,107 Posts
Great thread, it's such a shame that google Street view was taken back in 2008, does anyone know how often they will update street view, i wouldn't imagen it be updated often, lets hope it's every 5 years in the main cities..
Most of them were taken in 2009 I believe. Google do not let on when they will update the images. They're not even finished in some other countries yet.

·
LS17
1,326 Posts
It's amazing how different a city can look in different ways. Seeing these screen caps has been very 'WOW' for me. All the different angle show off Leeds perfectly. Love. It.

·
Hello Ducky
197 Posts
Agreed, this is a great thread.

Be nice if they did go down some ofthe alleyways too. Anyone know if theyre planning to have a streetview 'barrow'? Or maybe just a guy with a big hat full of cameras?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Agreed, this is a great thread.

Be nice if they did go down some ofthe alleyways too. Anyone know if theyre planning to have a streetview 'barrow'? Or maybe just a guy with a big hat full of cameras?
They have a Streetview tricycle, which they've used in and around Italy. They're intending to map a lot more pedestrianised areas.

·
Registered
95 Posts
^^ :lol:

imagine if you were one of those paranoids who think they're out to get you all the time. seeing that lot in your rear view would seriously weird you out!

·
Registered
12,647 Posts
Great pics. Leeds really is a fine city. Some astonishing late C19 architecture. Streets also look very clean.[/QUOTE]

I definitely prefer the virtual Leeds to the real Leeds for the same reason.:)

Maybe that prat from Salford who was slagging off Leeds the other day should take a look at this thread.

·
B*tch
15,107 Posts
Guess I'll bump this thread.

I was just looking at Leeds on google streetview. Leeds has some dated areas but I think it's fair to say the majority of our city centre is pleasant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts