SkyscraperCity banner

2001 - 2020 of 2915 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know they've had the platform displays operational since this Tuesday gone for those that will be coming up the escalaters between the lift & glass facade, so at least it seems to be mainly in the testing phase right now.

Would be nice if Network Rail/LCC could integrate a small taxi rank somewhere at the bottom of this entrance, would be far quicker to leave the station from the 4 closest platforms to it than through the main barriers to New Station Street.

·
Registered
29,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,009
It would although it wouldn't go down well after a disabled drop off point campaign was ignored here.

If the area is to close to traffic in the medium term too, it probably doesn't fit in with any wider strategy either.

·
Registered
135 Posts
New entrance looks pretty close to finished. Hoardings in the dark arches have been taken down and the inside seems clean and clear of building gear. I wouldnt have thought commisioning of barriers etc would take too long. Maybe it will be open before crimbo afterall

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
It certainly looks good, would be great if that style and cladding is used in places in the HS2 station design.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Love that second to last photo. You've really captured it right there.

All other photos and webcam make it look small, but I popped down a couple of weeks ago and was really surprised at the scale.

·
Registered
29,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,019
Glazing isn't amazing no, but as far as station entrances go its pretty great.

Will there be any 'Leeds' type on the blue glass or the BR/National Rail symbol to show its the station entrance from further away (like Victoria Bridge) for people unfamiliar with Leeds?

2001 - 2020 of 2915 Posts