Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
From Basilica, eh? A worthwhile re-clad imo.
I noticed it doesn't look as offensive from Eastgate as it used to.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guessed it! Been looking forward to getting in there for a while.

Does the video work for you all?

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Crikey. You've posted some amazing images of the Headrow there.

I'm almost frightened by the appearance of Quarry House moving closer and closer through the different shots. Makes you realise what a missed opportunity that site is. Something sexy or ridiculously tall and slender would look incredible from there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
one to watch out for. I am taking part in a documentary for C4 to be aired around june/july time and on sunday i took them to the top of beeston hill where you get a view of the whole city. they filmed a full panorama and it was a lovely clear day. bridgewater place looked very dominant. Will be a lovely scene of the full skyline

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
namsingh said:
one to watch out for. I am taking part in a documentary for C4 to be aired around june/july time and on sunday i took them to the top of beeston hill where you get a view of the whole city. they filmed a full panorama and it was a lovely clear day. bridgewater place looked very dominant. Will be a lovely scene of the full skyline
What's the subject of the documentary? If you can say.

·
Registered
102 Posts
di Livio said:
What's the subject of the documentary? If you can say.
can't see why not. they haven't given it a name yet. it's to do with the london bombings and gaining an asian perspective on how the community felt, view etc. more on the real life happenings, not the media portrayal. They are coming back to finish the film in a few weeks. I wanted them to get a good shot of the city, can you think of any other viewpoints from south leeds? I might take them to the quarry overlooking elland road. Although they seemed happy with the bit's they got.

·
6,974 Posts
One of the best spots is on the A61 near the Arla offices (Valley park I think) on a clear day.

Most important of all will be for the truth to shine through that Leeds has a generally content multi-racial society, and certainly doesn't see the problems witnessed in other places. There was a documentary recently I think on C4 with a reporter being shown all around Beeston by a local resident, who met locals and gave a very glowing report of the area.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Great set of photos there, first time from that angle. Agree that the reclad of Cavendish House might not be everybody's cup of tea, but much improved on the previous building. We'll miss your insider photos when you've decamped to Perth Craig.

Just out of interest how much do the top floor apartments go for?

1 - 20 of 382 Posts