SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

7,614 Posts
This individual may (most probably) have nothing to do with any alleged activities that have caused the bad publicity, so in my mind if he is not invovled he is innocent, regardles of what other members of his home country have allegedly done, so I don't see that should be a factor?

One could argue our nation has carried out dictator-like activities recently, but the majority of the public are not invovled and can do nothing to stop it, so are also innocent of such activities.

7,614 Posts
Sounds like Snodgrass has gone, according Radio Leeds this morning, signed a 3 year deal at Norwich.

They were joking that Pompey fans will be watching home matches at Elland Rd next season.

7,614 Posts
Sounds like a fairly famous name heading to Leeds, El-Hadji Diouf.

I had to check out where his bad behavour reputation came from, apparantly a spate of spitting, and some alleged verbal afters with one or two players and refs, also an issue with his current fitness may need some attention. Assuming these are in his past and can be sorted, he has a very good playing record and could add some talent to the team. It may be a gamble to sign him, but could turn out to be one that's well worth taking.

Also sounds like good reports about David Norris (ex-Ipswich Town team captain) in the recent win over Shrewsbury Town.

7,614 Posts
I missed any commentary, but good to know we got off to a good start, with what was a tough match on paper. We should be good and strong at the back now - something Neil has prioritised with his team 'surgery' during the break.

7,614 Posts
I wouldn't see much in the result against Cardiff, considering the match started with us loosing our star striker at the beginning which may have sapped the team moral temporarily, and their two goals were from stupidly conceded set pieces (including a penalty). It's probably just a one-off match to write off.

7,614 Posts
Sounds like it hasn't happened just yet - it appears from that statement that the takeover is being prepared, with the appointment of the agent to facilitate the trasanction. That is however very positive news.

7,614 Posts
The fans will all testify the piece of shit who did that was not a fan, just there for the trouble. There are a few parasitic neanderthals who follow the big clubs to try to relive the trouble that used to occur during matches decades ago, a stubbourn stain from the past that won't quite go away, like a shit that won't flush. Seems like he's from the sunny south anyway rather than actually from Leeds (sorry di Livio), so the London media can chew on that.

7,614 Posts
I agree with all above, the media love to hate Leeds Utd and nothing will change that, but this sort of thing does add fuel to their fire; even though it wasn't a true fan that supprts the team, just one of those parasites that attach themselves to a club in the interest of looking for trouble. Leeds Utd and their fans are by far the biggest victim of this incident.

7,614 Posts
It's a great result with the cream of London coming to this area, Bradford are hosting Arsenal shorlty before Leeds host Chelsea - brilliant. ... looking forward to the Leeds v Bradford semi final or final :D

7,614 Posts
I think the Barnsley match was a turning point; one we were expected to win and had to win. Now I don't think we have a hope of promotion, with the exception of a miracle, or a miraculous turn around in performance (which is not going to happen).

It's not just one bad match performance as team performances having been steadily deteriorating over quite a lengthy period now, but it is has now reached a new low.

I also think we've made it harder for the near future as our failure has made it more likely to see our top players want to leave and less likely for good players to want to come in. I can also see the end for Warnock in sight now.

7,614 Posts
There seemed to be a few comments yesterday that Bechio's absence dirercted the team as a whole to play proper football instead of just the lazy option of hoofing it up to Bechio all the time, as they have been doing during recent poor performances.

Could there be a blessing in disguise if Bechio does leave? as the rest of the team are quite capable of playing decent football (as proved yesterday) and Bechio's absence may remove the temptation to keep doing the lazy option of hoofing long balls up to him. We would loose a good finisher, but to get the whole team playing better may make it a price worth paying, particularly as other players can score too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.