SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Leeds United - The Championship - 2012/13

23241 Views 370 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  Jamster
List of upcoming fixtures

Okay, so what are people's predictions for the forthcoming season?

Realistically, I cannot see us finishing higher than mid-table this season, due to the expected departures of a number of key personnel and the lack of quality brought in so far.

That said I am fairly confident that we'll be solid in defence this year but I am a little worried about where the goals are going to come from and our ability to keep possession in the centre of the park.

I'm more optimistic that the takeover will happen but again, cautious on a number of fronts; amount of funds available, and overall vision for the club. We've all seen what has happened at Blackburn and Portsmouth. Hopefully, the dismissal of Bates and his bitch Harvey will encourage the likes of Snodgrass and McCormack to stay for a little longer.

Anyway, I in the end we'll finish in a less than inspiring 9th place.
41 - 60 of 371 Posts
Brightening the mood after yesterdays disappointing result. Former fans favorite Allan " smudger " Smith was sent off last night for MK Dons ? in under 20 minutes. This is the third player MK Dons ? have had red carded in a row - looks like Smithy has found a natural home for his over aggressive type of play.

On another note former Leeds ace striker Mike Grella netted for Scunthorpe last night.
ups and downs
the Leeds rollercoaster...
not a good start for snoddy at norwich, holt has the physique of a navvy and bradley johnsons put some timber on since he left!
must be Delia's strictly enforced 'traditional' dietary regime..
get Beckford
2-1 victory to Leeds United away against Peterborough United at London Road stadium this afternoon. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19304184
Another player sent off for the Dons, the red card issued makes it 4 this season.
Brightening the mood after yesterdays disappointing result. Former fans favorite Allan " smudger " Smith was sent off last night for MK Dons ? in under 20 minutes. This is the third player MK Dons ? have had red carded in a row - looks like Smithy has found a natural home for his over aggressive type of play.

On another note former Leeds ace striker Mike Grella netted for Scunthorpe last night.
We dont need Beckford. He would cost too much anyway. Becchio & McCormack can potentially be the leagues top scorers, and if Somma can find that form he had a few seasons ago he also possess the abilty to be up there.

Poleon looks good, pace and skill is something weve lacked upfront since Beckford left. I hope he gets some good game time this season.

Not too sure about the signing of Andy Gray though... no offense to the guy but surely if he wasnt good enough to be retained at Barnsley then is isnt good enough for Leeds... :dunno:

And talking of Gray's... I couldnt help but post this :)

get Beckford
Thanks for posting that. The footwork reminded me of Zidane in his prime.
And talking of Gray's... I couldnt help but post this :)
His first goal in that game was just as good, many think even better including the man himself. Kind of relevant as well considering everybody is talking about that brilliant Sam Byram chip from last night v Oxford.

Eddie's 'chip' goal is the first in this....
Thanks for posting that. The footwork reminded me of Zidane in his prime.
Leeds have drawn Everton in the league cup at home! Good fixture, should be a decent challenge!
Should certainly be interesting although I can imagine an Everton victory imo although there's always a chance of Leeds pulling off an upset. Also Leeds drew 3-3 against Blackburn Rogers at home today. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2196725/Leeds-United-3-Blackburn-3.html
Yorkshire Boy said:
Leeds have drawn Everton in the league cup at home! Good fixture, should be a decent challenge!
I think we're going to have a real battle to keep hold of Becchio and Mccormack come January if their current form continues. Unless of course this takeover, which has been 'imminent' for god knows how long actually materialises.

I think Everton will be a tough match. The players will undoubtedly raise their game, but possibily not as much as they would against a top four club so we could well be heading out.
Leeds should be there or there abouts this season, Warnock's proven at this level and despite his 'eccentric' persona, he's a good manager.

Hopefully be a good year for Yorkshire in general, confident in us under Bruce, Sheff Wednesday look solid and Huddersfield should do alright with Grayson. Barnsley for the drop though.
To be fair, weve started against tough opposition this season. With the exception of Peterborough, all the teams weve played in the league should be up there come the end of it.

Once we get Hull and Forest out of the way, the games shouldnt be as difficult. Personally im quite happy with the start weve made. The players have only played about 8 games together, so they still need to develop a full understanding on how each other play.

I remember reading an article saying that if the takeover wasnt completed by (last week I think?) then the buyers would pull out.

Not heard as much as a mouse fart from Elland Road on the subject and I dont expect to. Ive lost interest, to be honest.
Leeds United lost 2-1 against Cardiff City away from home today with Leeds now 9th in the table. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19528081

Certainly bad news and I can't see how Leeds United can significantly improve their form personally over last season with this complete inaction over this supposed takeover which has presumably died a death.
Word is the deal is nearly done, with just a few things to tie up this week. Though Bates has managed to lose us premier league football IMO (new contracts for Beckford & the side we had in 2010/11 would have gone up with Norwich), the club is now in a strong position. We've a good manager, made some astute signings (McCormack, Pearce, Kenny & Austin) and have a cracking bunch of kids coming through (Alex Cairns, Nathan Turner, Lewis Turner, Charlie Taylor, Zac Thompson, Sam Byram, Tom Lees, Aidan White & Dominic Poleon). With the riches of our prospective new buyers, it should be good times ahead.
I wouldn't see much in the result against Cardiff, considering the match started with us loosing our star striker at the beginning which may have sapped the team moral temporarily, and their two goals were from stupidly conceded set pieces (including a penalty). It's probably just a one-off match to write off.
Another loss for Leeds United this evening with a 2-3 loss to Hull City. :eek:hno: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19554011
Home record is appalling, with 9 home game victories last season and there does not seem to have been any improvement in the defence.11 goals in 6 games.When you see Bristol City sitting up there it really becomes depressing. I know its early in the season but when we start getting injuries we are going to struggle big time.
A fallen Giant stirs! good result v forest, grr8 one v everton, should give the lads a massive confidence boost.
Austin and Diouf : legendary status awaits if we go up!
Certainly was a good result against the Toffees last night considering they are currently 3rd in the Premier League and will be interesting to see who Leeds United will face next in the League Cup.
Another home tie against Premiership opposition -this time Southampton.
Leeds United will be at home against Southampton in the next round of the Capital One League Cup. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19734051

Interesting fixture which Leeds must surely have a good chance of wining considering Southamptons low position in the Prem although Leeds of course need to improve their league form as well.
41 - 60 of 371 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.