SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is ridicule.

I don’t mind if there are more inhabitants in Leeds but It is truthfully nothing compared to Liverpool, Manchester,

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Liverpool has a deap see port used to export and import goods to the whole North of the country.

Manchester has an airport that provides international access to business to the whole North.

Leeds brings what to the party?

·
Banned
574 Posts
Please don't invite me to any of your "parties"! I couldn't stand the excitement of all that freight talk.

Metrolink's throwing a party LOL. Got some good gear mate? Plenty of women? No, he's got figures from the Department for Transport to look at. And statistics from Google Sweden. You boring, typical, named after Manchester's public transport system(FFS), virgin, bunged-up, arrogant cuntchop.

·
Banned
574 Posts
And Leeds must be better cos it's got the M1 and A1. You only have the M6. That makes you sixth. So, chindoo, rub your chin till it shines!

·
Mancunian Member
7,180 Posts
That means Manchester has many positions then 6th, 56th, 60th, 61st, 62nd, 66th, 67th and 602nd!

Leeds is also 621st also i guess?!

B*****ks!

As the real Mr T would say...'FOOL!'

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
mistertee said:
And Leeds must be better cos it's got the M1 and A1. You only have the M6. That makes you sixth. So, chindoo, rub your chin till it shines!
So Preston must be 6th, 55th, 65th and 61st? Of course.

No. We are first of course, we had the first motorway.

·
Registered
30,466 Posts
Wow your so sad- don't you have anything better to do- its saturday night! Except the M62, all the motorways are minor regional/local motorways that just speed up journeys between national routes.

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
:lol:

You're actually arguing about who's got the most boring, bland, high-speed hellish roads!!! :crazy:

As an aside - I find it really frustrating that the DfT (or whoever) in their wisdom thought "I know, when a new motorway spurs off an old one, we'll give it the same initial number".

All very logical, but when I drive to a city to visit, and I get to a sign that says M61 one way, and M66 another, I get confused and have to look at my map. If I have a choice between M6 and M45 on the otherhand, it is much better.

Am I the only one that feels this way? :?

·
Mancunian Member
7,180 Posts
Leeds No.1 said:
Wow your so sad- don't you have anything better to do- its saturday night! QUOTE]

Now this IS tongue in cheek at its best!!!!

·
Banned
574 Posts
Biosonic said:
:lol:

You're actually arguing about who's got the most boring, bland, high-speed hellish roads!!!
No WE are not, they are! Don't include me with them!

I made a joke and instantly we have diagrams and statistics about Manchester's roads! It's amazing.

And I have gastric flu, that's why i've been on here so much these last 2 days.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Ahhh I love the Preston by-pass!

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
I quite like the live traffic views of Glasgows motorway network on the NADICS website. It reminds me of when I was in Toronto.

Check this one out!!

Its a shame that there isnt a similar website for England.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Thanks. Its great to look at when you drive along when its flowing. But when youve just finished a long day its 20c, muggy and its jammed solid the novelty can wear off! Love it really though. Preston by-pass is great though, four lovely wide lanes as its sweeps down over the ribble. Most enjoyable part of the M6 for me.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Metrolink said:
Liverpool has a deap see port used to export and import goods to the whole North of the country.
Ahem - so has Hull. So what? Are you penalising us for being landlocked?? And if Leeds brings nothing to the party why do you spend half your life on it's forum?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts