SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think this will raise some heads about the race for the highrises in the citys
and in this thread maybe we can focus on whos wining and who should win in the race .so if you could display more information than this it would be good
and we can see in detail whos the best in shopping sport and offcourse skyscrapers.
i just hope the leeds city council looks at this so that they move it along
go leeds>>>>>>>>........ :runaway:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Leeds the best, you have no idea what you have opened up here.

This has all been done a million time before in past threads, and all it ends up with is Manchester slagging off Leeds and vice versa.

Leeds has its attributes and is doing very well thankyou, Manchester has its own too, leave it at that otherwise I can see where this thread will go.

·
Loiner and Proud.
1,263 Posts
I am not one to say peoples threads are rubbish, I have enough of people doing it to me, I am un shore bur I think he/she means to compare what the cities have (pro’s and con’s) rather than the best city.
If I am wrong then sorry.
I just want to know before I jump in with the rest of you :nocrook: as if it is it is quite a good idea but would be better with lots of other cities as well.

·
Bermondsey Boro
2,340 Posts
rhinomatt said:
I am not one to say peoples threads are rubbish, I have enough of people doing it to me, I am un shore bur I think he/she means to compare what the cities have (pro’s and con’s) rather than the best city.
If I am wrong then sorry.
You're not wrong Matt, it's just that as Skychaser says, this thread has been done a million times before, and rather than prompting intelligent adult debate it becomes like a school playground argument about whose Dad is biggest.

As yourself and LiB are new to the forums you probably haven't seen what happens to these threads, the rest of us who have posted on it have seen it far too many times, trust me locking it is for the best!

·
Loiner and Proud.
1,263 Posts
Smoggie_Si said:
You're not wrong Matt, it's just that as Skychaser says, this thread has been done a million times before, and rather than prompting intelligent adult debate it becomes like a school playground argument about whose Dad is biggest.

As yourself and LiB are new to the forums you probably haven't seen what happens to these threads, the rest of us who have posted on it have seen it far too many times, trust me locking it is for the best!
thanks for the infomation :lock: IT!

·
Registered
765 Posts
its not really fair to compair the two as when people are talking about manchester they always inclued salford and other parts of the greater manchester area which is not part of the city.

there is no greater leeds so you see my point ?

·
Banned
5,987 Posts
onix said:
its not really fair to compair the two as when people are talking about manchester they always inclued salford and other parts of the greater manchester area which is not part of the city.

there is no greater leeds so you see my point ?
With the help of an ouiji board I have channeled the spirits of Mancs past.

"Manchester's 420,000 population is in an area of 115.65 km², compared to Leeds' 720,000 in 551.72 km². This is the sole reason Leeds appears to be larger than Manchester.

In the following picture, the right hand side is in Manchester but the left hand side isn't as it's technically Salford. Are they different cities in reality? No.

Basically, the city population figures are meaningless as they compare apples and oranges."

·
Registered
266 Posts
leeds the best said:
i think this will raise some heads about the race for the highrises in the citys
and in this thread maybe we can focus on whos wining and who should win in the race .so if you could display more information than this it would be good
and we can see in detail whos the best in shopping sport and offcourse skyscrapers.
i just hope the leeds city council looks at this so that they move it along
go leeds>>>>>>>>........ :runaway:

Manchester is superior in most aspects of the urban environment including culture and sport, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

End of debate.

·
Registered
12,635 Posts
This thread has about as much interest as those Sonic Vs. Mario debates we had in the early to mid-90s.

Remember, they were both s**t.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
DonQui said:
With the help of an ouiji board I have channeled the spirits of Mancs past.

"Manchester's 420,000 population is in an area of 115.65 km², compared to Leeds' 720,000 in 551.72 km². This is the sole reason Leeds appears to be larger than Manchester.

In the following picture, the right hand side is in Manchester but the left hand side isn't as it's technically Salford. Are they different cities in reality? No.

Basically, the city population figures are meaningless as they compare apples and oranges."
Really nicely put there Donqui.

This has never been said this simply before, its always been panned out over 500 pages of abuse. :)

·
Tax avoider
24,117 Posts
DonQui said:
In the following picture, the right hand side is in Manchester but the left hand side isn't as it's technically Salford. Are they different cities in reality?
Yes! In reality, the left hand side is the City of Salford, and the right hand side is the City of Manchester. They even have maps showing the boundary!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.