Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Suspended
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very cute little town that is being overun by DC folks. Leesburg is just about the northernmost truly southern town there is.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I lived about 4 miles outside of Leesburg for about a year (just after grad school). I loved the town (there's a really nice bike path that follows an old rail line to the foot of the Blue Ridge. The sweeping views and quickly dwindling pastors are really beautiful there). When I get back to visit about once every 4 years, the encroaching Fairfax crap makes me really sad.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Leesburg up there in Virginia's north country, while charming in itself, is beautifully situated. There's a town straight out of Brigadoon nearby called Waterford. Middleburg and Upperville, a bit southwest, nestle in the Blue Ridge foothills amidst wealthy horse farms.

Excellent pictures as usual, Herodotus.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Leesburg does have some nice views and the outlet mall there is pretty useful for me. But it's not good to see all the sprawl all the way out there.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
cool

-

·
Registered
90 Posts
Leesburg is such a beautiful city, with the Blue Ridge Mountains on its western flank. However, with the tremendous growth in that area, extension of the Metro system to Leesburg seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
What a charming town. It really comes across as Virginia-like with some New England thrown in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts