SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,576 Posts
Marjorie Fair said:
A strip mall has office space and residential living? Not to mention hotels.
Common Marjorie Fair, spill all the beans here --- where is it located; how many square feet of retail, residential, hotel; how many buildings, heights, etc. The rendering doesn't tell us much. The rendering looks like it belongs in the low-rise architecture section.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DrT said:
Common Marjorie Fair, spill all the beans here --- where is it located; how many square feet of retail, residential, hotel; how many buildings, heights, etc. The rendering doesn't tell us much. The rendering looks like it belongs in the low-rise architecture section.
Nearly 6000 sq. ft. of retail.

Nearly 200,000 sq. ft. of office.

There will be 3 or 4 four-story condo buildings.

An 8 story Marriot Courtyard.

As for its location, this is being built off of 1604 and 281, 14 miles north of downtown San Antonio.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah that's a strip mall. Reminds me of Uptown Park in Houston and it has two residential towers and a brand new luxury hotel that is about to open up.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Marjorie Fair said:
As for its location, this is being built off of 1604 and 281, 14 miles north of downtown San Antonio.
:runaway:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Still looks like Legacy in Plano to me.

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,576 Posts
Nice project. A little like City Place in West Palm Beach which has been very successful. I like the mixed use with strong residential component. This is much better than suburban sprawl.
We have a new open air type mall with a "town center" here in Jacksonville, Florida (St. Johns Town Center), but it has a very small residential component, just a few clusters of low rise townhouses and several big box type stores that give it a very commercial feel. Legacy seems to have a bigger residential portion which is much nicer. I think alot of people are looking for pedestrian friendliness instead of giant parking lots/car required type places.
My only beef is that this project is not bigger for a more self contained community. Thank you Marjorie Fair. Keep us updated with further details.

·
Registered
232 Posts
These 'lifestyle centers' are popping up everywhere!
I've seen at least ten or fifteen of these around the country.
They're generic but they're a hell of alot better than typical shopping centers.
Expect the usual suspects like Pottery Barn, Urban Outfitters, Crate and Barrel, Cheesecake Factory, Apple Computers, California Pizza Kitchen, Bose, blah, blah,blah.....

And could they please stop naming these thing Legacy Village, Legacy Square, Shops at Legacy, etc.? I understand branding but it just adds to the generic-ness of it all.

Anyway, happy shopping!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts