Discussion Starter #1

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
626 Posts
i hope they are building it all on a pontoon

·
Greatest theatre in LE1
1,230 Posts
Fantastic, i like the cafe, looks big and airy, loads of light. Im impressed with the plans for cycle paths along the canal. Im pretty sure you can now cycle from Rothley to watermead to city centre to fosse park if this all works out?

·
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can already cycle all the way to Fosse Park, using the Great Central Way.

The new paths and cycle centre will just add to the network and usage, hopefully.

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
626 Posts
u can cycle from blackpool to fosse park

sum **** cycled around the world, must have got ******* soaked crossing the atlantic

·
Greatest theatre in LE1
1,230 Posts
Im interested in mainly traffic free routes. More of leisurely cycle. I doubt think blackpool to fosse park fits that bracket 😂

·
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'd probably drive that route, given a choice.

I'm assuming that the new cycle route at Everard's Meadow will allow connections between National Cycle Network (Route 6), the off-road Grand Union Canal paths and local routes 3 and 4.

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
626 Posts
are the two miles of footpaths and cycle routes going to be seprate or shared? thats thrown pigeons into the fire aint it

·
Greatest theatre in LE1
1,230 Posts
How about splitting the path for cycles and walkers. Ive had near misses with cyclists thumping along at 20mph

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
626 Posts
start walking at 21 mph then

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
626 Posts
your not trying hard enough

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
626 Posts
well send me roy castles ghost, cos i smashed 39mph the other day

but for **** sake wot ever u do dont send chris akubusi

·
Greatest theatre in LE1
1,230 Posts
. This is a view of the rutland cycle building, the view is from the new cycle lane which runs all the way to the city centre from here. Unfortunately they haven't quite sorted out the drainage issue on the land as half a mile from the building the cycle path was water logged!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
. This is a view of the rutland cycle building, the view is from the new cycle lane which runs all the way to the city centre from here. Unfortunately they haven't quite sorted out the drainage issue on the land as half a mile from the building the cycle path was water logged!
Hopefully they’ll get that sorted soon!

What’s the route from the city centre out to Rutland Cycles? Might give it a go 🙂

·
10,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The cycle centre has a direct link onto National Cycle Network Route 6. Takes you to and from the city centre. Here is the guidance from the Rutland Cycling website.

Everards Meadows is directly connected to National Cycle Network (NCN) Route 6 (Great Central Way) following the River Soar, so can easily be reached from Leicester city centre and other points along the canal. Look out for our blue waymarking signs, directing you off Great Central Way, over Blue Banks Bridge and across the new bridge over the River Soar. Then pedal along the brand-new cycle path through Everards Meadows to arrive at our store. There are plenty of bike racks available.

Please note that the bridge will be closed when the river is flooded. Keep an eye on the Everards Meadows website and Facebook page for flood updates and bridge closure information.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts