Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
21,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Club expects to submit the planning application in September. The plan includes expansion of one stand and additional complementary development on the site. A public consultation over the planned expansion will be held at a home game (tbc) during next season.

SW added that the Club previously purchased 6 ½ acres which has been used as a car park and fan village. She explained that the Club is engaged in finding out what the city of Leicester needs and working with the City Council. The final plan must develop a destination and fill the capacity of the stadium. The planning process for seats will begin one year before completion. The plan takes into consideration access and egress requirements
http://foxestrust.co.uk/6464/lcfc-fans-consultative-committee-meeting-30-05-18-part-two

·
culled
20,365 Posts
The crisp bowl will start to resemble Welford Road with only one stand being oversized.

Hopefully an arena comes out of this, but I still want a railway station! (- and for Filbert Street to be redeveloped, including the student flats!)

·
10,831 Posts
It does look like the East Stand will get an extra 8,000 seats. A few years later, The Kop will also be extended. Taking the stadium to 45,000.

The fact that the club are including the Council and asking them what Leicester needs, is very encouraging on the arena possibility.

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
762 Posts
i dont get how a city with 650,000 people within easy reach cant attract 60,000 fans. a quarter of a million turned up to watch the trophy come home.

with a bit of imaginative pricing structure they cud fill the satdium and still make money that just building a 40,000 seater.

they will have to keep rebuilding the stands as the population grows (and it is growing so everybody on here reckons) and the cost of building these things gets more and more expnsive by the year

just do it all in one go now - wheres the business sense in prolonging it over twenty years?

even crystal palace are touting a 60,000 seater - if england get the 2030 world cup, forest will build a 60,000 seater stadium

leicester cant afford to be left behind again

·
10,831 Posts
Nobody has said we can't attract 60,000 fans. We could for some bigger games. No doubt. But the clubs owners don't want a large stadium, at the expense of atmosphere. The further the fans are from the pitch, the quieter they become.

I've been to Anfield in the home end, to watch Leicester. I was in the upper part of their then largest stand. It was like a library up there. It seemed an effort for the Liverpool fans to even clap. Made especially funny, because we won :)

There is no way that Forest will ever have a 60,000 stadium.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
the clubs owners don't want a large stadium, at the expense of atmosphere. The further the fans are from the pitch, the quieter they become.
I'm sure they wouldn't give a shiny shit about the atmosphere if they could get 60,000 paying customers in.

Let's face it, they already have to create an artificial atmosphere with cardboard clappers and the like...

·
10,831 Posts
With Premier League money, the income from gate receipts isn't that important at the moment. I'm sure it will be one day though.

Like at all clubs, yours included - there are sizeable areas of the ground which contribute little to the atmosphere at a game. I've never picked up one of those clapper things. but for the silent ones, banging a clapper against their hands adds something.

Sadly they have spread to other clubs too.

Though I'll always remember the Premier League title, more than those clappers. If they helped then great, eh...

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
762 Posts
Nobody has said we can't attract 60,000 fans. We could for some bigger games. No doubt. But the clubs owners don't want a large stadium, at the expense of atmosphere. The further the fans are from the pitch, the quieter they become.

I've been to Anfield in the home end, to watch Leicester. I was in the upper part of their then largest stand. It was like a library up there. It seemed an effort for the Liverpool fans to even clap. Made especially funny, because we won :)

There is no way that Forest will ever have a 60,000 stadium.

there are such things as amplifiers and speakers, you know. just stick a microphone above the crowds heads and let modern sound systems do their stuff

its all really easy in the end

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
762 Posts
Yeah, for a free day out.

Attracting one on ten of a city population is pretty ambitious!!

its not really tho is it. a staggered priciing system with certain benefits aimed at different people would see enough people turn up at most games

just a bit of creative imagination in offering more than just a football match wud do the trick

·
10,831 Posts
Had an email - so it is officially happening!

You can find out more about the stadium expansion plans and discuss the potential new facilities and offerings on Monday 23 July, 2018.

Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha recently announced that initial planning for the expansion and development of King Power Stadium – a significant step in the Srivaddhanaprabha family’s vision for the growth of the Club – is underway.

The Club hopes to increase the stadium’s capacity beyond its existing 32,243 seats and improve the wider stadium site, offering better access and facilities for supporters and the neighbouring community and creating an exciting events destination for the city of Leicester.

As part of the planning and development the Club is organising a focus groups for Members and match ticket purchasers to introduce the expansion plans and discuss the potential new facilities and offering.

We continue to strive for the best fan experiences across all areas of the Club and engaging with our supporters is a key factor in achieving our aims.

·
10,831 Posts
Of course not. I've nothing to do with the stadium expansion. I'm not a billionaire football club owner.

I didn't even suggest a 60,000 stadium in the first place.

The incremental expansions are likely to be 40,000 > 45,000 > 50,000.

1 - 20 of 411 Posts