Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Greatest theatre in LE1
1,335 Posts
A nice home to train the messis of the future!! Also I hope they keep investing in our recruitment team as they have done a great job in the last few yrs. Weve recruited wisely into the youth setup, so this should all pay off handsomely

·
Leicester - why not?
LE5
14,570 Posts
Pretty amazing! Can't wait for the stadium plans and (rumoured) arena...
Would be great if there was an arena included. Where would it be sited though ‘nearby’, the site is quite resticted with Aylestone Meadows, Eon, The electrcity sub-station and river all bordering the site?

Image from Google Maps.

·
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The area to the right of the stadium in the photo above is big enough for an arena. It is larger than the current stadium footprint. The rumours are that the club have purchased most of that land already...

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm tempted to say don't get ahead of yourselves guys.

The intent is definitely to extend the stadium seating capacity and this is likely to be the East stand, the section on the right. So what is currently a smart bowl of a stadium will disappear sadly. I haven't heard any rumours about a planned arena. If they were then I guess it would take a similar shape to the Jaguar arena at Coventry Richo stadium which is of the same design as the King Power (so don't get too excited). However, it would have to be modified if it was to accommodate an extended stadium too.

The land is another issue as the footprint of the purchased land is quite small and has been bought to improve the match day experience. Many clubs now have a whole range of activities going on around their stadiums for families in particular and Leicester's have been mediocre by comparison.

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
762 Posts
when they build that link road between evesham road or evelyn drive and aylestone then that whole industrial estate area will be availible for development. I think a load of the faircharm ind estate have been evicted already

there will be loads of room for an arena then and close to the footy stadium too

oh yeh i forgot, this is lesta aint it. forget everything i just said

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
762 Posts
like i said, its lesta aint it, forget the dreams of building something that we actually need and want - and carry on building boring little red boxes they call houses

·
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This thread is about a £100m training centre for Leicester City. That is the stuff of dreams, for anyone who stood on the terraces at Filbert Street, watching the scoreboard fail to work for weeks on end.

·
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
762 Posts
are they going to let you have a kick about on it?

sounds like the stuff of dreams for the priveleged few to me

meanwhile the poor old fans can fork out even more money for facilites that should have been made availible to them too but they will never get a chance to see

1 - 20 of 220 Posts