Skyscraper City Forum banner
161 - 180 of 391 Posts

·
21,601 Posts
Splendid photo selections, my friend! Grassi Museum looks splendid on the inside, while the gas holder picture intrigues me a lot. What is that picture all about? I don't get what the structure is...

As for the late night arrival, the picture really looks a bit strange, as if indeed, that was taken around midnight or so, and River Elster at sunset looks really amazing! I'll tell you, from the bottom of my heart: thank you for sharing those wonderful photos: those really make me want to explore Leipzig, not just within the city, but around it as well (like going beyond the city proper to see much more of the greenery). :hug:

·
Ike
1,279 Posts
I am so impressed and surprised. This is a city that looks wonderful. I used to think it was a dull, polluted industrial city. But it is a clean and beautiful living city. These photos are so detailed and there are so many buildings, streets and monuments.

It is also rather close to Dresden so I can visit both the next time I am in Germany. Very exciting. :cheers::)

Reactions: L.E. and extrawelt

·
Ike
1,279 Posts

·
21,601 Posts
I can truly say that those windows and structures are wonderful and show the testament of Leipzig's heritage over time... I especially like those tall buildings that have rooftops that are shaped like houses (triangular), which remind me of efficient use of space while creating a unique atmosphere in the city center. What I'm saddened, though, is that one brick structure that is already destroyed (must have been declared condemned at first), in which I would have sensed it had a rich history that went along with it... hopefully, though, that old brick structure will be replaced with something modern (while reusing the bricks from that building) to make it look unique once again. And I like that airport taxiway built over an autobahn: that challenges me to use space more efficiently and effectively so that many people can benefit from them, similar to what I see downtown.

All in all, excellent pics once again! :hug:

Reactions: L.E.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Beautiful shots. For people who 're living in Leipzig what district do you prefer in your town? (environment, way of living, etc)
No easy question my friend. ;)

I would think it comes down to personal interests. Plagwitz and Lindenau are among students very popular, inexpensive, fully situated with beautiful historic homes and centrally. Moreover, often a river and a park around it.

Gohlis is also a great residential area. Here you rather detached houses and villas. An old saying from Leipzig: "To whom it goes well, the'm going to Gohlis."

I personally prefer the Waldstraßenviertel. This neighborhood consists almost entirely of historic homes and is centrally located. You can walk into the city or take the tram. Right next door is the Rosental, a large park.

But you can generally say that Leipzig in almost every city-part has much water and parks. This makes in my eyes, next to the beautiful houses with (still) cheap rents, the city unique.

I hope you unterstand my bad English! :)

161 - 180 of 391 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.