SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A new shopping-center will be built in Lempäälä near the town of Tampere in southern Finland. The completition is estimated at around the new year 2006/2007. The first phase will include:

-the mall, a 103'000m2 of shoppingspace
-a 16 storey hotel-use midrise
-a swimminghall
-(edit) a curling track
-(edit) an indoor skiing tube

the hotel:

the mall, the curved wall is 600m long:

source: www.ideapark.fi

·
Addicted user
206 Posts
Some other interesting facts:
-Lempäälä has got about 17 000 inhabitants
-It is the southern neighbour of Tampere
-Ideapark is located just next to Tampere-Helsinki motorway

-Ideapark will have it's own central park which will be 2500-4500m2
-During winter central park will be under a roof, but it will be opened during summer
-There will be an "old town" located near the central park. It will have an different architecture with it's "old" facades.
-The whole shopping center will have different "city districts"

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
After this project the amount of projected mid/highrises in Finland are as follows:

Helsinki metro:
Pasila: around 5X +60m (tallest ~90m)
Länsisatama: 2-3X ~50m
Keilaniemi: 1X ~70m
Leppävaara: 2X ~70m
Espoon keskus 1X ~80m
Tapiola: 3X 55m
Kivenlahti: 1X ~65m
Airport city 6X ~55-65m

Tampere:
Downtown: 3X 54m - 76m
Lempäälä: see below

Jyväskylä:
citycenter: 1X ~50m

Turku:
outskirts: 1X ~65m

I may have forgotten smt. :)

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
To add this wealthy bunch of information, here are aerial shots of the town itself. As grendy said, its situated along the Tampere - Helsinki motorway and surrounded by several lakes.

Intersection

More can be found by clicking the map
http://www.kuvat.lempaala.fi/

The hotel itself is planned for high-end segment, and each floor will be decorated with Marimekko design. The company is one of the developers behind entire project.

·
User
719 Posts
Cool project. Mall has interesting roundy exterior and new 16-storey building is good news. But still quite low though ;).

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sander said:
Cool project. Mall has interesting roundy exterior and new 16-storey building is good news. But still quite low though ;).
How many municipalities of 17'000 people you have with a 16-storey hotels? ;) I never said it was tall, (in fact I called it a midrise) I just said there was one.

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
grendy said:
-Ideapark will have it's own central park which will be 2500-4500m2
-During winter central park will be under a roof, but it will be opened during summer
-There will be an "old town" located near the central park. It will have an different architecture with it's "old" facades.
Here's a rendering, amAAAzing:

·
囧!
10,896 Posts
The project itself looks amazing, but I'm against the building of large shopping malls outside our cities. It replaces people and vibrancy with emptier streets in the city centers...

·
Addicted user
206 Posts
staff said:
The project itself looks amazing, but I'm against the building of large shopping malls outside our cities. It replaces people and vibrancy with emptier streets in the city centers...
I completely agree! All these mega-malls outside city centers are really kinda boring and have nothing really new (I hope this project is different as it's trying to be). Of course these kind of places are very easy to reach with car, since there's a lot of FREE parking spaces and this project will be located right next to a motorway/freeway/whatever. If you go to the city center with your car it's usually hard to find parking space near the place you're gonna go and if you do it's like 1-2€/hour. Not to mention the traffic...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts