4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Union Depot.

The Cains Ballroom.

The Philcade Tower.

The Tulsa skyline at dusk.

Boston Avenue.

The Philbrook.

The Arkansas River, Midtown, and Downtown all in one.

Boston Avenue Methodist Chuch in Downtown.

The Philbrook gardens.

Another shot of the Philbrook gardens.

Nelsons Beffeteria in Downtown Tulsa.

Art deco Tulsa.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I had always heard Tulsa was very pretty, but I had never really seen it. It looks nice, definately goes against the whole 'oakey' (or whatever way they spell it) stereotype.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The average person would be shocked at how nice those pics are--they probably think everyone in Oklahoma lives in a trailer park. :jippo:

We have the media to thank for that.

·
Registered
855 Posts
very nice pics, but where are the people? there isnt a person to be seen in any of those pics

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
^ Most of those pictures are from a distance or off the sidewalk into the sky... dont think you will see many people there .... also the other spots at ground level werent exactly commercial centers LOL....Why is that the first thing people always ask...Unfortunately though most cities all over in the US large and small arent going to have hong kong amounts of people on the streets because they lack the integrated residential/commercial density.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
worldwide said:
very nice pics, but where are the people? there isnt a person to be seen in any of those pics
Probably in the Brady District of Downtown. That's where the Cains Ballroom is. They also have the OSU campus there.

Some 5,000 people already live Downtown, but that is one goal... to raise that number to compete more with OKC.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for sharing those great pics of Tulsa. I never knew that it had such interesting buildings.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tulsa looks different from the last time I saw it in 1995. Have new buildings been built there since then? Anyways gotta love it. Home of Alfre Woodard.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New buildings? I think Williams has a new corporate center since then... big glass, blackish kinda, looking tower, to the right of the BOk tower.

Anyway, I am glad some people liked these pictures.

Actually, the newest craze in downtown is to fight to keep buildings from being destroyed. The old Philltower building being converted into condos goes along these lines.

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pictures. Tulsa has a cool looking skyline. I hope to visit Tulsa one day.

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
worldwide said:
If this person takes pics like I do, then they probably get the desired angle set up, and then wait until cars and people are out of the way, to capture a better pic of the subject. Usually the photog's subject is the architecture, not candid shots of unwitting people.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
The pics are great. Yes, OK gets really misunderstood... people, like me thought that OK was still a state for Indians (beside OK city and Tulsa). I was wrong..

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rural OK is also impressive. Bartlesville has Frank Lloyd Wright's only skyscraper and Lawton will have the nation's highest work force per capita when Bush signs the BRAC.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Wow, "Tulsa", which I've only heard of maybe two or three times, looks bigger than I would have thought.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I wouldn't say the skyline is big, and it's definitely not big for a city of 1 million when you compare it to cities like Calgary, Charlotte, Edmonton etc. I would have figured it was a city of maybe 100 000-200 000 people but the skyline shows it's obviously more of a city!

·
Registered
213 Posts
verry nice :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts