Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
PERSIAN GULF
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in light of the recent euro 08 championship, and asian world cup qualifiers...

1. Turkey
2. eygpt
3. israel
4. Iran
5. Saudi
6. Iraq
7. Bahrain
8. Qatar (8 foreign nationals in their squad LOL)
9. Syria
10. Kuwait

and if you dont count turkey and eygpt as in the middle east, just imagine its top 10 muslim fb teams :nuts:

lets see some opinions...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Let's say I've listened to you and counted Turkey as well, don't you think it would make Turkey's position invalid in Euro 2008.The team will play for final on Wednesday to claim European Champion title.

there is an opinion

other than that I don't know much about asian football except for Israel which they also play in europe and I've watched a friendly game between Fenerbahce and Syrian national team.
and please don't categorize your country's or any other country's team with islam or christianity because religion has got nothing to do with sports

·
Banned
158 Posts
Israel? I ve never seen them do good anywhere? here most muslim country forumer are afraaiiiid of israel why?

you rate israel high everything? israel is not good in football

·
Caribe
3,871 Posts
Israel? I ve never seen them do good anywhere? here most muslim country forumer are afraaiiiid of israel why?
last official competition israel played was the euro 2008 qualfications

Team Pts Pld W D L GF GA GD
Croatia 29 12 9 2 1 28 8 +20
Russia 24 12 7 3 2 18 7 +11
England 23 12 7 2 3 24 7 +17
Israel 23 12 7 2 3 20 12 +8
Macedonia 14 12 4 2 6 12 12 0
Estonia 7 12 2 1 9 5 21 -16
Andorra 0 12 0 0 12 2 42 -40

i would like to see another mena team playing in uefa (besides turkey who we all know is the powerhouse of mena :D), u would get ripped!!! we missed being in germany just cause goal difference with the swiss, and the future is bright, there are kids in spanish teams like Barcelona and Villareal, in the Portuguese league, in the English Premier league and the Belgian league....plus we got a fairly easy group for the 2010 WC with our main rival being greece....

·
21,422 Posts
This is from the FIFA 2008 June World Ranking (http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/r...r=m/fullranking.html#confederation=0&rank=170)

Country..Rank

Turkey* 20
Israel 22
Egypt 23
Morocco 40
Iran 48
Tunisia 50
Saudi Arabia 54
Cyprus* 64
Bahrain 72
Iraq 73
Armenia* 78
Georgia* 80
Oman 81
Qatar 83
Libya 84
UAE 95
Syria 97
Jordan 100
Algeria 103
Sudan* 105
Kuwait 114
Eritrea* 130
Ethiopia* 131
Azerbaijan* 133
Malta* 134
Yemen PDR 138
Lebanon 140
Palestine 176
Somalia* 197

So the top 10 would be

1. Turkey
2. Israel
3. Egypt
4. Morocco
5. Iran
6. Tunisia
7. Saudi Arabia
8. Cyprus
9. Bahrain
10. Iraq

* the countries with a (*) have land that extends into the MENA region or in the case of Cyprus and Malta are part of the MENA region but are EU members.

If there are any such countries that I have left out please feel free to post their ranking from the link above.

·
Es lebe RAMMSTEIN
556 Posts
1.Turkey
2.Egypt
3.Israel
4.Iran
5.Iraq
6.Syria
7.Saudi Arabia
8.Bahrain
9.Kuwait
10.U.A.E

Qatar (8 foreign nationals in their squad LOL)
Qatar is a shit team who is desperately trying to become a world-class side by naturalizing the whole world :lol:

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Qatar is a shit team who is desperately trying to become a world-class side by naturalizing the whole world :lol:
What ur mouth there. We are proud of all the differnet people in our country of all races and relegions. We won the Gulf Cup twice and The last Asian Games. We are one of the top team in Asia, and we are proud of that. If u havea problem in naturlization, then live with it. :lol:

·
--
964 Posts
BTW, can somebody translate this plz
here you go

"...Unless if a miracle happens..
(Turkey scores)
Miracle! miracle!
Semih gives Turkey a second chance to qualify
What we are seeing happens nowhere but in Football
The referee declares the end of the game and what a dramatic end!
Turkey says no,doesn't want to loose even in the extra time."

:D

·
21,422 Posts
^^

somewhere the guy says something like no Bilic (the Croat coach) or something, what's going on there?

·
Es lebe RAMMSTEIN
556 Posts
What ur mouth there. We are proud of all the differnet people in our country of all races and relegions. We won the Gulf Cup twice and The last Asian Games. We are one of the top team in Asia, and we are proud of that. If u havea problem in naturlization, then live with it. :lol:
WOOOOOW, very impressing :lol:

It was ur U23 that won the asian games, and the 'gulf cup' ain't nothing special. Tell me, how many world cups have u qualified for? Top team in Asia? Yeh and I'm santa clause ;)

·
21,422 Posts
he says that Belic wanted the goal canceled because there is no extra time or something
Thanks, the way the commentator was reporting it in a very excited kind of way made me think he was saying something bad about Bilic :)

·
Everythin bubble of water
20,660 Posts
This is from the FIFA 2008 June World Ranking (http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/r...r=m/fullranking.html#confederation=0&rank=170)

Country..Rank

Lebanon 140
Palestine 176
I can understand the ranks of all the other nations. But Lebanon at number 140???? So you're telling me, its as bad as the Pakistani team which is at number 160?? On top of that, the Palestinian team is actually worse than the Pakistani team??? I'm seriously having a hard time believing that! Whats the reason for such low ranks of these teams??? I thought the Middle East was good at Football!

:lol::lol:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I can understand the ranks of all the other nations. But Lebanon at number 140???? So you're telling me, its as bad as the Pakistani team which is at number 160??

:lol::lol:
yea we're pretty bad at football ... basketball is pretty much our thing. Rugby is growing, but basketball is still ahead of both football an rugby

·
21,422 Posts
I can understand the ranks of all the other nations. But Lebanon at number 140???? So you're telling me, its as bad as the Pakistani team which is at number 160?? On top of that, the Palestinian team is actually worse than the Pakistani team??? I'm seriously having a hard time believing that! Whats the reason for such low ranks of these teams??? I thought the Middle East was good at Football!
The rankings are based mainly on points allocated through international events. Of course this can be sometimes unfair because some teams play in less competitive international tournaments and thus can gain more points while others esp UEFA member states may be in reality stronger than a team in say the AFC but may have a lower ranking due to not being able to allocate as many points.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts