1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's take a walk around downtown Seattle
6th & Pine

Westlake Plaza

Lunchtime jazz at Rainier Square. Fairmont Olympic Hotel in backround.

The crowd is just starting to come in.

Let's take a look at my favorite Seattle skyscraper. The Washington Mutual Tower.

And after work

Hope you enjoyed.:)

·
I'm not Chinese
1,262 Posts
Love the pics!!! Good times Seattle. Downtown doesn't look death at all. ;)

·
Banned
307 Posts
Ah my beautiful Seattle . So much sunshine on these pictures . When were they taken ? It's been raining for 2 fucking weeks . :(

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
opium said:
Ah my beautiful Seattle . So much sunshine on these pictures . When were they taken ? It's been raining for 2 fucking weeks . :(
Most were taken about about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hehe, I was about to type "how'd you get so many sidewalk shots in Seattle without bums", then I saw the third to last shot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
lesterZ said:
Hehe, I was about to type "how'd you get so many sidewalk shots in Seattle without bums", then I saw the third to last shot.

Which prompts me to ask why does every photo tour of Seattle that we see here contains shots of bums? They can be found in every city so their presence in Seattle doesn't make the city any more different or "special". On the contrary, homelessness is less of a problem in Seattle compared to many other cities. It appears that their shots are taken to show Seattle's "urbanity" but I am sure urbanity of Seattle can be depicted without them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
seattlehawk said:
Which prompts me to ask why does every photo tour of Seattle that we see here contains shots of bums? They can be found in every city so their presence in Seattle doesn't make the city any more different or "special". On the contrary, homelessness is less of a problem in Seattle compared to many other cities. It appears that their shots are taken to show Seattle's "urbanity" but I am sure urbanity of Seattle can be depicted without them.
They are still a part of the city so why leave them out. Reality is sometimes nice and sometimes not. Pwright does a great job of showing all types of people from all different walks of life. Thanks for the great shots, the sidewalk cafes are nice this time of year.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^But it is part of Seattle. I just try and take pics of everything that makes Seattle what it is. IMO there seems to be a big concentration of homlessness in downtown and the capitol hill area.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Keep those great pictures from Seattle, hub of the Pacific Northwest, coming! The topography, the buildings & the backdrop always helps. But it's the people, all types, that make the difference between a vibrant city & a dead one.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Quality pics, im definately sold on the idea of going to Seattle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts