Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I'm interstate scum

Votes: 6 25.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday 12th of May between 6 and 8pm the rialto obs deck is doing its free cocktail party thing again. I've never gone but I'm seriously thinking about it this time. Is anyone else up for it? Has anyone on here been?

·
Australian EU in London!
906 Posts
uewepuep said:
Thursday 12th of May between 6 and 8pm the rialto obs deck is doing its free cocktail party thing again. I've never gone but I'm seriously thinking about it this time. Is anyone else up for it? Has anyone on here been?
If there is some kind soul out there who's willing to shout me an airfare SYD-MEL for this, I'll definitely be along! :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh, really, I was thinking the molotov variety... ;)

I don't have a membership btw, with E's deck opening soon I don't think I'd wanna get a yearly one... maybe if there was a 6 month one.

·
Registered
495 Posts
fizzy-piss cocktails eh? any drinks for the kids? lol :D i'm gonna miss it anyway, my friends and my birthday are all scatered around May and they're all gonna host parties ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting that fewer people have memberships than not.
I've just remembered that May 12 is not likely to be good for me, so the split should be 3 yes 3 no...

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Level 55 VIP Club - Cocktail Party

The team at the Melbourne Observation Deck
cordially invite Level 55 VIP Club
members to enjoy a wonderful evening with us at the
Observation Deck.
Come along and enjoy the views of Melbourne over a glass of
wine or champagne with some light refreshments, from level 55
of the famous Rialto Towers.
The event will take place between 6 & 8pm on Thursday, 12
May 2005. There is no cost to attend and numbers are limited so
please RSVP as soon as possible.
Contact Carmel or Lucas on 9629 8222 or e-mail
[email protected]

I'll be joining you all there as well!

Those that will be attending should RSVP

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
This is a message I received from The Rialto Observation Deck management.

Thank-you to all of you who have responded to the RSVP for our Cocktail Party - looking forward to seeing you all there!

I am pleased to say that the response has been the best ever. Following on from the great response, we would like to further the success of the night and have even more of you attend.

The Cocktail Party will take place between 6 & 8pm on Thursday, 12 of May 2005. The event will be located in the Oriel Room at the Melbourne Observation Deck. Please forward your RSVP to Lucas or Carmel by ringing us on 9629 - 8222 or e-mailing us at [email protected].

I’ll be there about 6:30pm. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You pack of pikers, only Collector and myself showed.

It was a really good night though, free booze and food! I think we should have our next melbourne meet at the same time as the next cocktail night, really seemed like a nice group of people and the location is awesome.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
What were the other people like? Meet or see any whackos (crazy professor types)? Any OZScraperean converts in your midsts? Spill!!

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
The Rialto (Melbourne) Observation Deck is a great place for a meet.
Only Dan and I from Ozscrapers were there last night and both of us thought that we should have an Ozscrapers meet here in the future to coincide with a Level 55 party again. :cheers1:
It was a pity not more of us showed up last night, the catering was excellent the drinks flowed all night (beer :cheers: and normal sparkling wine), and the views, well you just can’t beat them.
We did our bit to promote Ozscrapers, and found out a few things that might interest fellow Ozscraper members, such as that by being a level 55 VIP member you can get a free double pass to any of the World Federation of Great Towers such as the Empire State Building Observation Deck, CN Tower and more, that The Rialto Observation Deck will remain open as long as it is viable, the management is ready for the Eureka challenge and that the Melbourne the Living City film at the ground level is finally going to be replaced with a new updated one as well. :)

p.s. Muse, there was a broad range of people present, covering every stereotype you can imagine and all were very friendly and easygoing like most Melburnians. ;)

p.s. We may have converted a couple as well. :yes: :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts