Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize other people have done this for their city and I would like to do the same for Lexington. Please indulge me and feel free to comment and post your own photos of Lex.

I took this photo from my sunroof as I was leaving downtown. Safe, I know...the camera was facing the other way and I was driving. I liked this vantage point because it shows a little density. I could have gotten a better angle, but I didn't want to be in the middle of the street.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good idea george, i wont be able to contribute because i dont go downtown much, but i would like to see photots other ppl have tooken!:)

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
George, I have an idea. We should post photos of downtown one block at a time and work our way through the city. That way every day one block gets a really good in depth photo tour. What do you think?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ian, that sounds like a great idea. Where do you suggest we start? I was thinking if we started on a fringe and worked our way in a certain direction or pattern. I need to take some new pics anyway...so let me know what you think.

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
One of us could maybe start at the Maxwell, Woodland, High intersection and work up Maxwell, then back down High and the other go back and get all the little side streets in between. That's 3 weeks worth of photos right there and we can figure out what to do next...

Does that sound like it would work or should we try something different?

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
Awesome. I work crazy hours today and tomorrow but I can get the side streets in between High and Maxwell on Thursday. This could be a lot of fun!

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
George, I'll start a new thread so we can keep the picture thread going, When you post a set remember to mention what street your on and the two cross streets that make the block, for example. High Street between Upper and Mill.

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
From my ex-girlfiend's balcony.

Between 3rd and 4th on MLK

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
I know I've already posted one tonight but I just passed Vine Street on MLK and wanted to try an old familiar angle with my new camera.

Look at that density along Vine!

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Looks good guys :cheers:
My bro has been up to Lexington several times. His gf is gonna go there for school (UK-L) and he will join her later on.
Told me that Lexington is very similar to Greensboro; but with a bit denser DT and a little more of a college feel than Greensboro :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great pics Ian. It looks my schedule is a bit crazy the next couple of days. If I don't get these pics during the week, I definitely will this weekend.

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
Cool, I'll start tomorrow with Maxwell from Woodland to the Versailles Road split.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
Those night shots are great Ian!
Lets definately see all the photos posted by the weekend. I'm excited. :banana:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts