SkyscraperCity Forum banner

LIBRARY 27 | 27 Rutland Street | Completed

35K views 89 replies 35 participants last post by  Chro_matic 
G
#1 ·
A soon to be built 12 level accommodation tower in the hub of the Educational Precinct. Subject to a 12 year lease to an experienced and proven operator earning $1.2M net annually. Next to the Auckland Library and close to Queen Street, the Auckland University and AUT. Consisting of 142 self contained studios. Serious demand and limited supply will ensure a secure investment. Each floor will have unit title potential.

See less See more
G
#15 · (Edited)
A soon to be built 14 level, 146-room accommodation tower in the hub of the Auckland Educational Precinct. Designed to capatilise on the shortage of student and independent traveller accommodation. Subject to a 12 year lease back to an experienced and proven operator earning NZ$1.2M net annually. Opposite the Auckland Library and close to Queen Street, the Auckland University and the Auckland University of Technology.

P.S. I count 15 levels.

#19 ·
Rutland already has a cafe next to the library and quite a few shops at the Queen Street end, the carpark on the corner of Rutland and Lorne is supposed to become an extension of the restaurants i.e. outdoor dining and there is a single bar/cafe on Lorne Street. But yes I agree something needs to happen to St James but I am glad the previous proposal fell through as that proposed to basically turn Lorne Street into a traffic sewer with entrances to a huge underground carpark facing onto and not much else. With the shared space there now I am quite sure future plans will lend themselves to improving the rear of the building.

#21 ·
The bar on Lorne is Brooklyn Bar. Its only merit seems to be its location. They're doing a fine job chasing away their customers by playing the radio all day long - including all the annoying shouty ads that come with it. It would be so good to see the St James done up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.