SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts
To be honest it looks a lot better than some of the other ones popping up. They're making good use of the corner north facing frontage. Good to also see a bit of shape (i.e. not a square box with blank concrete walls). Agree regarding street frontage.

Wait till you see the one proposed for the Station Hotel site on Anzac Avenue. Straight out of Bagota. Makes the Zest look like a stunning masterpiece. Auckland certainly getting the best out of the building boom.

Do you mean Bogotá? It has some stinkers, but also has some stunning architecture.

I like this one on Rutland St too. Great gap filler. So far looks better than most, maybe the colour could be better - even white - and as you say, frontage. A nice lobby or something other than a tacky convenience store on the ground floor would be nice.

Have been told by a CBRE employee who is part of this project that groundwork begins next month.

Construction by Woodview (They may also be doing the Antipodean?) and architecture was by IGNITE.

Car parks are set at 6 - top floors only, one per each.

60 - 70% buyers seem to be owner occupiers but he did mention he thinks up to 30% were offshore sales - mostly mainland China which may mean more rentals - I'm just speculating the last part.

Hopefully it's a go.

There is a showroom in Kitchener St opposite the Art Gallery

NZ Herald - Apr 15, 2017

Construction is due to start in July and Library 27 is expected to be completed by 2020.

Quote from developer

"We're equity-funded, so we are not reliant on banks. I know there are a lot of people worried about developments falling through, but that will not happen with us. The apartments will definitely be built."

Is it just me, or does that seem like a rather long construction period for a building of this size?
I like that they're being realistic about how long construction will take. Some projects are being marketed with totally unachievable completion dates. That can undermine confidence in the industry.

Library 27 had previously talked about "mid 2019" completion, maybe it's now more like "late 2019" but they're being a bit safe and saying "by 2020".

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.