SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is set up for those who can post photos of Libreville, capital of Gabon. I noticed a very good posting done of the second largest city Port Gentil, which also is a base for the oil industry. Also include photos of new projects and developments. Matthias I know you must have alot on this city as well. Look forward to your posts!

·
Explore
2,841 Posts
Looks like some beautiful beaches and wilderness areas in Gabon. South African Airways is planning to start flights there soon which should open up more tourism potential.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Im impressed, a lot !

I know that Gabon produces oil a lot but these are not the sights that I expected from Gabon !

Libreville is such a developed town with many greenery. And the beaches look very striking !

Franceville is sooo tropical ! :)

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Nice city:cheers:

Great photos Matthias

·
Registered
39,908 Posts
Not the most recent pics (dating from 2005) but they show various parts of the city!:)

The city is really full of taxis (all those older vehicles in white and red are taxis)

wonderful Gabonese art

small place within the city to say your prayer

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
The city is quite clean. I'm suprised that Libreville isn't as well known as Cairo, lagos or Nairobi

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Dantexavier, those pics you added are all taken in 2004 BEFORE the massive ovehaul of roads and highways in Libreville that began last year and is continuing this year,that I have read about in the papers nevertheless thanks for sharing them with us!:) The government is currently spending a lot of money in the modernization of the road infrastructure (around $400 million US dollars are invested this year and next year in road building and modernization which is a good batch of money for a country the size of Gabon).:cheers:

I will try to find up-to date pictures by visiting various blogs!;)
Yeah, i knew they were old, but I still wanted to get more photos of Gabon out there anyway. Seeing more can't really hurt, can it?:cheers:

Besides, the city needs all the exposure it can get. I just don't think people know or see enough of it.

·
Registered
39,908 Posts
All photos taken in 2005! Not too recent but they show some aspects of the city ...hopefully they will pop up .....

something is under construction there

that´s the town hall of Libreville

another building

another view of the city in the background

entry to a building

this is the area called "La Sablière" in Libreville

typical old but nicely restored building in downtown Libreville

street photos

outside Libreville

academy in Owendo (outside Libreville)

1 - 20 of 466 Posts