Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52,573 Posts
I have been hearing a lot about this project lately. Does anyone have detailed information?
Like for your HST thread, you should pass by Africa section ;)

I opened a LIBYA | ACN Africa Cup of Nations 2013 | U-C thread.

And I asked on the thread :

Are there lybians on forum ?

On the thread :

Actual stadium

Project :
00:00 to 03:00 min : refurbishment ^^
03:00 to 05:35 min : a new stadium :nuts:

2 stadiums for ACN in Tripoli

Awesome project

·
Registered
52,573 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like for your HST thread, you should pass by Africa section ;)

I opened a LIBYA | ACN Africa Cup of Nations 2013 | U-C thread.

And I asked on the thread :

I am not Libyan, but working here almost 1.5 years. I believe these photos belong to the existing stadium under renovation by French contractor, Vinci. What I am talking about is a new one.
Sorry for poor content, but at the end of the day, I am a newbee :)

·
Registered
52,573 Posts
I am not Libyan, but working here almost 1.5 years. I believe these photos belong to the existing stadium under renovation by French contractor, Vinci. What I am talking about is a new one.
Sorry for poor content, but at the end of the day, I am a newbee :)
Incredible, there is 0 lybians on SSC :eek:hno:

00:00 to 03:00 min : refurbishment
03:00 to 05:35 min : a new stadium

·
studying
603 Posts
Those stadiums look awesome, all three of them. I like that one in Benghazi, and also this new in Tripoli, that on 3:00 on video, looks smashing. I am really happy to see CAN to be played there, and that this competition makes host countries to build great new infrastructure (Angola, Gabon, Eq Guinea, you guys). Just delighted. And I hope your clubs can perform much better in African competitions after those facilities are done.

And one question. What other city/ies is/are there for CAN, as there are only 2 cities with 3 stadiums shown, and I think minimum is FOUR?

·
Registered
52,573 Posts
Those stadiums look awesome, all three of them. I like that one in Benghazi, and also this new in Tripoli, that on 3:00 on video, looks smashing. I am really happy to see CAN to be played there, and that this competition makes host countries to build great new infrastructure (Angola, Gabon, Eq Guinea, you guys). Just delighted. And I hope your clubs can perform much better in African competitions after those facilities are done.

And one question. What other city/ies is/are there for CAN, as there are only 2 cities with 3 stadiums shown, and I think minimum is FOUR?
I seek all over WEB and I only found those 3 projects.

Nothing on wikipedia
Nothing on official lybians websites
Nothing on CAF website

We just can imagine that there will be 1 in Sirte

·
studying
603 Posts
OK. Nice. And what about qualifying system for 2013, as I cant find anything on web, it is really weird. Will there be same teams that are on 2012 Cup, or there will be some short type of qualifiers, as there is no much time between those two cups?

·
Banned
936 Posts
The ground works didn't start yet. What I know is a Turkish-Italian JV is about to be chosen as contractor.
So which stadium will be opened in May, when they didn't even start? Morocco was invited for the ignauration match for the Stadium in Tripolis.

·
the mitty
11,068 Posts
Libya National Stadium
Capacity - 71 000
Design - GMP Architekten
Contractor - Porr Libya

The plan foresees a large sporting centre placed on a circular site, 500-meter wide. At the heart, on a circular plinth, the new 71,000-capacity national stadium is planned.

Access to the three-tiered stands will be available from ground level and through the plinth itself, leaving only the top tier accessible by internal staircases.

The division of seating to three tiers isn’t accidental. Just like it’s no coincidence that the cable roof will be supported by three tall arches. These are both references to the Greek meaning of Tripoli city name, the three-city. Despite the complex being built in Tajura, it’s considered part of the Tripoli metropolis.

Around the stadium three indoor halls are also planned, creating a triangular shape beyond the stadium.

In January 2017 the new football ground is expected to host most important games of African Cup of Nations, including the opening and final.

http://stadiumdb.com/designs/lby/libya_national_stadium

·
the mitty
11,068 Posts
Libya withdraws from the organization of Africa Cup of Nations 2017

Libya will no longer host the Africa Cup of Nations in 2017. A Libyan delegation led by the country's Minister of Youth and Sports and included the president of the Libyan Football Federation revealed in a meeting with CAF President Issa Hayatou that owing to the unstable security situation in the country, Libya would not be able to host the Afcon in 2017.

The meeting took place on 22nd August 2014 at the CAF Headquarters in Cairo, Egypt.

Consequently, the Secretary General of CAF, Hicham El Amrani, dispatched a circular on 23rd August, 2014 to all 54 member associations informing them of the decision and "opening bids for the hosting of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.

"The designation of the Host for this competition will be made according to the statutory provisions of CAF, especially in conformity with articles 27 to 47 of the Regulations Governing the Application of CAF Statutes.

The CAF headquarters in Cairo will receive applications until Tuesday 30th September, 2014.

In addition to the government guarantee, and considering the limited time left for the organization of the 2017 edition, the CAF Executive Committee will select a host country whose dossier guarantees that accommodation, transportation and hotels facilities, as well as training sites and stadiums already exist.

The designation of the host country will be made at a meeting of the Executive Committee in 2015.
http://www.cafonline.com/competitio...raws-from-the-organization-of-afcon-2017.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts