SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Libya to open two banks in Cape Verde
PANA

Libya is to open two banks in Cape Verde following the si gning of a cooperation agreement between the two countries, the Cape Verdian Pre s ident, Pedro Pires, told PANA on Tuesday in Paris.

“Libya is a partner able to give an added value to our international cooperation. We consider this country a partner for our efforts towards development,” he said.

“The revival of our democracy will begin with the opening of two banking institutions. From that prospect, we will undertake other areas of cooperation,” president Pires said. The banks will be joint ventures between Lib ya and Cape Verde.

He referred to the recent entry of his country into the Community of Sahelo-Saha ran States (CEN-SAD), stressing that this decision was made after a long period o f thought.

“All the other states from ECOWAS (Economic Community for West African States) are already members of this organization; we also undertook to enter to particip ate in the development and security of this big space. Cape Verde has always bee n concerned about diversifying its partners,” President Pires said.

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
Libya has been annoucing projects , but i have seen even one of them done.
Well said...

Libya is announcing projects in whole Africa. A couple years ago the announced to invest billions in Benin, Kenya, Burkina Faso etc.
They start the construction and a couple years later they stop..
In Burkina Faso the wanted to build a whole new city, but nobody knows who is going to buy those homes because they are expensive.

Libya has a lot of money, but they are missing the business knowledge..

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
Libya has been annoucing projects , but i have seen even one of them done.

True....

Libya to invest in Benin

Published: 15-JAN-07

Cotonou - Libya plans to invest more than 120 billion CFA francs ($23bn) on tourism, oil and agriculture projects in Benin, the presidency said in a statement here Friday.

This followed Monday's visit to Libya by Benin President Yayi Boni, who met with Libyan leader Colonel Moammar Kadhafi.

The statement said that Kadhafi hailed the business climate in Benin, and promised that Libya would increase its investments in the West African country.

The planned Libyan investment would include construction of hotels on the land purchased by the Libyan Arab Investment Company in Africa, as well as an oil products outlet.

Tripoli is also to support the growing of rice in Benin's Oueme and Mono valleys, to create jobs for young people and boost the country's income.-panapress

http://www.businessinafrica.net/news/west_africa/585490.htm

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
They also said that they will build an Oil pipeline of 350 Kms i DRC i don't know hat happened to it. That was two years ago.

Libyans don't have business spirit of other Magreb Nations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts