Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's already an recent and exellent thread on this city here, but i was also there last week and i have some pictures of my own. Not to much overlap so it should still be interesting. ;)

Liege got its nickname "la cité ardente " (the fiery city) because of it's long tradition of heavy industry and the temperament of it's inhabitants who apperently where known as one of the most rebelious of the middle ages. Today a lot of the industry is gone but the people have remained and they make it a lively and vibrant city, although it's not without it's lovely and quit places.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
this is nuts, so many pics! The city is great, even more now the town got a big makeover during the last couple of years. A cosy Paris like setting with the river and in between green hills. Thank you.

·
297,994 Posts
Liege city is indeed very nice city, with its suburbs too :) those red type buildings (old ones) and the buildings in the heart of the city (examble: photo below by @EvanG) are very nice :cheers:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I didn't realize Liège was this beautiful! I always pictured it a gray city. Maybe I'm confusing with Charleroi.

OMG, it's amazing how much Liège looks like Lille France near the Belgian border. Some of the buildings you show could easily be in Lille or Greater Lille, both the older buildings of stone in the historic center and the ones that look like from 1850 or 1900 of brick.
See: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1031713

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts