1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
A B C
1,669 Posts
Nice mix of arch. 9/10

·
Banned
199 Posts
More pictures. This city just rock, must be second most beautiful of France after Paris. Lille is a like a Tarantino movie, it is so beyond earthly.

Check this out, incredibly clean (bonus picture)

Old lille

·
Third World User
405 Posts
The friendliest people in France are in Lille. However the skyline is not so impressive.

·
Is it a bee?
382 Posts
Lille's skyline

Hi everyone!
I'm new and I live in Lille.

I've got a (pretty cool) panoramic montage of photos I took from a friend's appartment on the 7th floor of a building at Place Rihour, which is located in the "hyper"-centre (unfortunately, the tallest belfry is hidden by the building on the right of the picture)!

The problem is: I've got no website to host it, so if someone is able to host it, here's my address : [email protected]

·
I love my life
Cuyi Lastrassi
15,032 Posts
i like its mixture of modern and old european (french) architecture... j'aime Lille/ Rijsel!!! :)

·
Is it a bee?
382 Posts
Lille's skyline

Here's my panoramic picture!

From the left to the right:
The Palais Rihour, behind is the belfry of the Chamber of Business and Industry (CCI) of Lille Metropole, the Opera (with a kinf of dome on top), the "La Voix du Nord" (main local newspaper) building, then there's the Euralille district with the Tour Credit Lyonnais, the Tour Lilleurope and the 4 Eurocity Towers (the 4th one is hidden by the St Maurice church).
Like I said on my first post the City Hall belfry (110m high) and the Cité Administrative (about 90m high) are hidden by the closest building on the right of the pic.
The urban area of Lille Metropole is actually pretty wide (about 20km x 10km) and flat so it's hard to take a picture of the whole thing, but I can telle you there also is other interesting building outside downtown Lille (like the Tour Mercure at Tourcoing, The Tours de l'Europe at Mons,...)
http://pageperso.aol.fr/dmagsteph/images/lillemercure2.jpg
http://www.histo-mons.com/Europe/images/216-Europe-3792-Pierron---j.jpg

1 - 20 of 288 Posts