SkyscraperCity Forum banner
3541 - 3560 of 3808 Posts

· Registered
25,906 Posts
Whats the record attendance?

· Registered
3,790 Posts
Id vote for Lille, js. The national arena facade is just dull. And the stands are much further from the pitch. You have to admit, the lille stadium is one of the most technologically advanced in the world.
Look again, it's just an impression because the stands in Lille are straight and there's grass between the stands and the pitch. Actually at the corner bends Bucharest's National Stadium seems to be closer to the pitch than Lille's Grand Stade.

· Registered
3,790 Posts
Is it allright when I like them both?
Of course, there is no comparison between both stadiums, this discussion is pretty pointless. Le Grand Stade is hightech and multifunctional, National Arena a classic stadium with some modern touches like the roof. Okay, Frankfurt might have had the first stadium with this type of closable roof but it's not like the concept hasn't been copied before (Vancouver, Warsaw...) or Lille's roof structure is unique ;)

I personally prefer the inside feel of National Arena (colourful with an open, light roof structure) over the dark, grey bunker look of Le Grand Stade.

On the other hand, if I were to choose a design for my favourite club's new stadium I'd choose Lille over Bucharest.

· Registered
3,790 Posts
excellent choice.Intelligence and logic win
Those are your words. Contrary to you I didn't tear down the National Arena (or any other stadium) in comparing it to le Grand Stade. I don't think Lille's new stadium is the best or most beautiful the world has ever seen. It is unique though and better suited for club football (in my opinion and for my team) than Bucharest's. It would also be easier to move because it is much closer than National Arena, from French Flanders to West Flanders ;) I would make some alterations though: I would remove the brick/concrete wall behind the stands or replace it with a translucent wall, maybe do the same thing with (parts of) the roof (and make it a little higher if possible) and replace the seats with ones in the club colours. Finally, it would also be too expensive for my club to finance despite it being the second richest of the country (yes, the club (+ private investors?) would have to pay for it here) so we'd have to get rid of the closable roof and definitely the hidden arena and "liftable" pitch. Wouldn't need the latter in Bruges anyway, where we're still waiting for a definitive location, environmental and building permissions etcetera, after 6 years of NIMBY and other protests and political indecision.

· Banned
191 Posts
When you see this stadium in the middle of the day you just think: too bad that I was drunk last night. By the way, perhaps the wine is from Romania.

Unfortunatelly for Axelferi It looks very similar to Notthingam Forest Stadium http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Ground

So nothing special inside, just old british style but now united, outside is Auchan of course as you all notice.

· Registered
14,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,558 ·
you must have too drink.

You'll see it in eurovision in 2016 :)
It is better than a lot of stadiums in romania or europe.

The only things i recognize is for seats colour which is dull+ embellishments disapointing.

But just look how it is on par with actual good stadiums:

and i remind you that the so "modern" stadium of bucharest has a light retractable roof which produces wires shadows on the field like in Frankfurt :eek:hno:

Please do not compare with our efficient structure

· Banned
191 Posts
Axelferis, the Colosseum will never compared with your ,,mall''. Actually, I'm talking about the old Nottingham Forest stadium and not the new one...

you must have too drink.
You'll see it in eurovision in 2016
About the drunk point, what Lille mall have to do with Eurovision 2016 anyway ?

It is better than a lot of stadiums in romania or europe.
You're so modest, you forget to say ,,in all the world''

The only things i recognize is for seats colour which is dull+ embellishments disapointing.
Maybe you need some glasses. There a lot of geometrical form in the top odf the roof wich are identical with old fashion stadium from Nottingham.

and i remind you that the so "modern" stadium of bucharest has a light retractable roof which produces wires shadows on the field like in Frankfurt
That's for the confort of the players so it's a minus for Lille wich will need some umbrellas.

Please do not compare with our efficient structure
And suddenly I remember that you are a french even if I didn't saw your nose yet

3541 - 3560 of 3808 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.