SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
34,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lots of bickering over this one because people think it's too tall. personally i think itd make a good pinnacle as everything else around it is ten floors max. the plans are for four blocks up to 13 floors tall designed by DLA architecture. the architect sent me these about 18 months ago.

the last i heard about this was that the 13 floor "tower" was going to be reduced to 11 due to complaints it would be visible from approaches into lincoln and visually compete with the cathedral. not quite sure how that works as the cathedral is on a bloody huge hill and several times the height of these on top plus many times the bulk... still thats the civic trust for you.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
They've got some hoardings up down by the Shed and Bridge. I could'nt quite understand the location though as if it was to be built on the site I thought it was it would mean knocking down the pub and disturbing the University but if it was to be located further down it would land straight on the University campus aswell?

·
Administrator
34,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the site is next to the shed. its a long slender site. ill see if i can find the site plan i was sent.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
So the taller tower is to be located opposite the new 10? storey student block at the other side of the bridge? Its a very tight site. Do hope it go's ahead though, cracking development just obviously the nimby's might have a say on it.

Not sure if the Shed has much time left in all honesty havent been in for months and when I did it was dead as a dodo. Does'nt help I guess when you have the second largest SU just meters away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts