SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 663 Posts

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
I do really like this development and looks IMO better in the flesh. The top floors are going to have some cracking views. Best spot on the marina.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I'll get some pics of it quite soon when i'm next in Lincoln. There are also plans for the ugly concrete car park behind it but nothing had begun when i saw it last.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello

Hope you don't mind me interrupting all these Nottingham and Leicester discussions with a Lincoln topic! And not that anyone's even interested in Lincoln anyway... lol. There's not too much going on in Lincoln, but there's a couple of projects happening.

For those that don't know Lincoln, the city centre kinda has three main areas...

Downhill (Highstreet and roads spanning off this) such as...

Uphill (Bailgate, Cathedral and Castle) such as...

Brayford Marina such as...

Most of the development is still around the Marina at the moment, with a couple of the projects following in the next post.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Witham Wharf, Brayford Wharf East
Complete rebuild of an 8 storey office building, with two floors added. Two restaurant units below.

From the front in drawing.

Taken Today, from, well the other side really to the pic above. The car park adjoining is also being recladded.

Brayford Marina South developments (next to the university)

And here is where the above development will be.. on the carpark.

Another development on the marina... and this one will sit to the right of the above photo.

Broadgate, Lincoln

Not keen on this one...

Going to be situated, on the bottom right corner of this photo, over the road. Opposite another modern 8 or so storey building.

Well there's a few Lincoln things, not very exciting I know, but oh well, thought I'd post something as it is also in the East Midlands! There's a lot of old/new in Lincoln, I am quite keen on the modern/old look. And there's always new restaurants and bars opening all the time, especially on the Marina. Prezzo are opening 2 more of their brands on there shortly, to go along with the likes of Ask, Lloyds, So:Luxe, Chimichanga and other restaurants and bars on that strip.

·
Leicester - why not?
14,393 Posts
Hello

Hope you don't mind me interrupting all these Nottingham and Leicester discussions with a Lincoln topic! And not that anyone's even interested in Lincoln anyway... lol. There's not too much going on in Lincoln, but there's a couple of projects happening.
Lincoln is part of the East Midlands as much as Leicester or Nottingham and welcome to this forum.

Can I say those developments look great.

I hope you will keep us regularly updated on the Lincoln schemes. I've been there and it is unique. Near the vineyard bit by the cathedral you could be in Italy somewhere.

·
Robin Hood
5,168 Posts
I quite like Lincoln.. I came last week.. that "Goodies" is AMAZING! I want one in Notts lol!!

I posted this in the witham wharf thread last week..

I've got some more pics I took in Lincoln and I'll post em when I finish processing them...

the catherdral is AMAZING!! One of the best in the world no doubt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There's not too much at the moment really, the thing with Lincoln is that unlike Leicester and Nottingham, there aren't like huge areas of building that can/will be knocked down to create new projects. And space is generally lacking at the moment in the centre anyway. It's quite full on.

There is a 'streets and spaces' type scheme, whereby the paving is all currently being redone on one part of the high street with yorkshire setts, and trees planted etc. But that's hardly anything exciting.

But apart from the above in my post with those building projects, I don't think there is too much going on, however Lincoln is always changing, so you never know in the near future! I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
And yep the Cathedral/area is nice...

To be fair, I just go to university in Lincoln, and my home town is Market Harborough near to Leicester.. but thought I'd add a touch of Lincoln! Although from next week or so, I'll be living in Lincoln more or less full time for the next couple of years.

·
Administrator
34,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
greetings fellow lincolnian. i am from lincoln, and am one of the owners of this place, and skyscrapernews. ive been meaning to do a set of pics of the place once we get decent weather for more than an afternoon....

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
About time, its great to have a thread about Lincoln, such a nice place. There are a lot of mid - rise developments going on too that i really like especially Witham Wharf and that new building opposite the road from that other development (would like to see a pic of it if possible). I can vaguely remember what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
the marina looks great, i wish leicester would get on wiv the one they proposed years back, but i think it fell thru as usual.

still lincoln, great city, and for once, i hope that new developments dont spoil what uve got, a great looking, great feeling city in most parts.

·
10,753 Posts
the marina looks great, i wish leicester would get on wiv the one they proposed years back, but i think it fell thru as usual.

still lincoln, great city, and for once, i hope that new developments dont spoil what uve got, a great looking, great feeling city in most parts.
BG - I think the marina in Leicester is still on. We are waiting on the Blueprint proposals for the area, which were due in August 2007.

I too like the look of Lincoln. A truly great cathedral and I've heard that there are some excellent pubs too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just reading about proposed plans for 'Lindongate' a new development for Lincoln. Not much on it so far

Would include:
350,000sq ft accommodation
100,000sq ft department store
4 major space retail units
34 standard retail units
new riverside restaurant quarter

1000 space car park
new passenger transport interchange

There's an information event next week for it in the Central Library. This development would be a good link to the city centre shopping that currently exists.

Nothing too exciting, but that's lincoln for ya. lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good to see a break from Nottingham and Leicester especially as its Lincoln (my nearest city for many years). I really like the mix of well thought out new buildings and amazing old ones. Great place.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome Teal200. Firstly, let me say you being far too modest about the developments in Lincoln and by what you have shown us they look real quality. Good on Lincoln its a smart city!:banana:

1 - 20 of 663 Posts