SkyscraperCity banner

641 - 660 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow fantastic updates. I did notice briefly the wigford yard development has been granted planning permission. The changing face of Lincoln!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lots of building work going on at the university at the moment. This is a new set of student blocks which will be either side of the university bridge. The picture shown will consist of 8 and 4 story blocks. The other side of the bridge will be 11 stories high. Also progressing is phase two of the science park, a new 5 story block on Brayford Wharf East and a new science/engineering hub on the main campus.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The site of the most recent student accommodation project in Lincoln would present a real challenge with more “traditional” construction methods. The site is a particularly tight one, being bordered on two sides by a main road and a canal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello I want to post some updates for Lincoln and will try to update more regularly but I have to reach 10 posts first. Excuse the spam. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
A lot's been happening recently in Lincoln, including most significantly the construction of the new 'Transport Hub' in the middle of the city opposite the train station. The old bus station has been demolished and the new bus station is expected to be finished by February 2018. There's a large multistorey carpark and a paved plaza connecting the train and bus stations.

Here's a link to the site: https://www.willmottdixon.co.uk/projects/lincoln-transport-hub

The bus station work complements the work further towards the high street where work is continuing on the creation of new Cornhill retail units. It also follows a large work programme which saw the construction of a new East-West Link road. There are further works to pedestrianise the high street around Tentercroft Street and the rail crossing later this year. There's also a few developments ongoing near the car dealerships. I'll attach a few photos of the 'Transport Hub' works for you all to see. :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
I am continually confused how a multi storey car park can be used in the same context as regeneration, the Government itself are moving towards recommendations to put car parks underground:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/uk-go...se-buildings-and-underground-car-parks-2017-2

We have a housing crisis and the single biggest structure in this regeneration project is a multi storey car park that will use vital sustainable land in a city centre, how is this going to help with further regeneration of the area. It would of made more sense for the largest structure to have been accommodation for all income levels, providing a vibrancy to the area and to have built a car park underground. They could have worked with an extra partner on the residential scheme and if needed found more funding for that, with the funding their have received that would be more than enough to dig a bigger whole!

·
Lincoln - London - Greece
605 Posts
Thanks for these LincMass.

It would be great to see some more high rez images taken towards the new bus station from before the Barbican.

Hopefully it'll also kick-start the redevelopment of the Barbican.

·
17,875 Posts
Hi everyone, had a recent visit down to Brayford Wharf and I believe some of these have been completed relatively recently, so thought id post a little update

Lincoln Waterfront by Kyle Emmerson, on Flickr

Cygnet Wharf by Kyle Emmerson, on Flickr

Brayford Wharf by Kyle Emmerson, on Flickr

University of Lincoln by Kyle Emmerson, on Flickr

Brayford Wharf by Kyle Emmerson, on Flickr

University of Lincoln by Kyle Emmerson, on Flickr