Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,472 Posts
the article mention two buildings, beside this one a 360m one. do we already have a thread for the other tower or is this one project, but the other one is still in the planning?

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,472 Posts
i totally forgot about that one, but that will change once it starts rising too. :cheers:

·
It was aliens
4,798 Posts
so it's basically a taller key tower in cleveland, oh?

why do the chinese love rebuilding american skyscrapers so much?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
They got their differences but I have to admit they do look 80% similar. Except this tower have a modern glassy crown finish with wider frames. Key Tower have none of those and have much more sharper crown.

i.e,

why do the chinese love rebuilding american skyscrapers so much?
This is a ridiculous claim. Out of almost 475 skyscrapers on my watch list are Chinese projects, probably only one or two resembles an american skyscraper (yet even that, it's 100% identical).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks rather American to me also but its hard to not run into that trap. The us And Canada have built quite a few themselves. and China is building very very many.

But anyway the Crown will looks very nice i think if they use good Cladding and put in lights. and the proportions of the crown are very good towards the width and height of the building

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,472 Posts
there is a reason a lot of buildings look similar. the box form is the most efficient for buildings like this and with so many hundred towers rising in china it is obvious towers will look similar to other buildings, which is a good thing, because if one design pays off why not building something inspired by it. :cheers:

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,472 Posts
it was prep in 2012, so this by now must be either U/C or on hold i guess?

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,472 Posts
now there is even a new drawing on SSP. But still no sign, if anything happened with the site since 2012. I cannot even find the thread for this building on gaoloumi :eek:hno:

Reactions: pteranodon
1 - 14 of 14 Posts