SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could someone give me an idea of where the away fans sit at benfica, ill be there for the united game and was hoping that we're not put in some top tier corner.

·
Registered
125 Posts
how is the Da Luz the best designed stadium in the world? Ya I admit it is nice and effective but it is not the best designed stadium. Firtstly the outside of the stadium is not very good looking, too much concrete. THe new emirates stadium which has a similar design to the Da Luz will look much better and modern from the outside.

·
Banned
8,524 Posts
According to the Firm that Design the stadium. It's one of the best in the World for its design and for the security of the inside Stadium. By the way,if you look closely the outside has alot of glass also....I believe the finished Wembley and Da Luz stadiums will be the best in their class in the world.

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
Beautiful,Beautiful stadium!!

Its definitely in the list of my top 5 stadiums in the world. I just love it.

Also I think that its amazing that it only cost 118.7 million euros :shocked:
That is unbelievably cheap for such a stadium.

Nevertheless here are some more pics:

as somebody else already stated, the red-grey colour combination looks indeed very cool

before an Euro 2004 game :)

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
i just love it..!! i whent there in a euro04 game and when it´s full it´s just so amazing.. only thing less good is stands should be more near of de pitch IMO

·
Registered
125 Posts
I must say that the interior of Benfica's stadium is very nice and well designed but the outside of the stadium looks like crap. I can see how they made the stadium so cheap, just look at the exterior it doesn't flow like the interior or the roof does. I would have liked to see something more like Wembley's exterior or the new Arsenal stadium.

·
Luso from Aveiro
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Luckily most people would disagree for obvious reasons. Benfica's stadium is a model for many other projects. Why should it have been more expensive, to satisfy the architectural preferences of a few???

·
stadiumfuture
376 Posts
Luz is larger than 65.000 seats.
Why, the Emirates stadium has the same rows on the first tier and 31 rows on the upper tier, Luz has more than 45 rows on the upper tier.
Example:

1 row is more than 1.000 seats.
Luz has 14 rows more than emirates
14 X 1.000 = 14.000 seats
capacity Emirates Stadium 60.000 + 14.000 = 74.000 seats (Estadio da Luz)

·
stadiumfuture
376 Posts
MoreOrLess:
Its only mine opinion.
As you see pictures of both stadia, than can you not say that emirates stadium 5.000 seats smaller is than luz. Luz has more rows on the upper tier. Luz is more than 15.000 seats larger than arsenal stadium.

21 - 40 of 413 Posts